View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 07:02 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by banjo_mole
Chicken, or the egg, friend? I am 20. We live in a society that markets and pushes consumerism, and steel bikes aren't where that's at. Carbon at least fails. Video games and computers are always changing.

Kids aren't lazy. I'm sick of that excuse. They've been put into a place where there is nothing else to do- I know, I'm young. It's only gotten worse. We've torn down the rope swings, fenced off the frog creeks, and told children that it's too dangerous. We have been so concerned with "safety" that the traditional adventures no longer exist. Your childhood, along with most of those of older people here, is gone, replaced with a constantly fearful group of parents - when you went out for a day as a kid, was your mom constantly worried about a boogeymanchildmolester coming and getting you? No. People weren't whipped into fear then. They were free from that. Kids today live in a world of boogeymen and slow bicycles, and parks, no creek or tunnels or rivers or fields, just public parks and movie theaters.

I love adventure, and spend my time hiking and usually hopping some fences. Climbing some trees. Exploring old tunnels and bridges and buildings. And I love the old things. I let people try it with me, people my age that sit and play video games- guess what? They fall in love with it, once they swallow their fear and tell their parents they won't get *****. And life is good.

So let's not blame it on lazy young people. I'm tired of that.
Let's look for alternatives, such as young people being forced into boredom for their own good.
I really don't believe all that stuff I posted about young people. Everytime I ride 90% of the cyclist I see on the road are young! I just wanted to see what you youngsters had to say about this post is all. Mission accomplished!
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve