View Single Post
Old 10-05-09, 09:34 PM
rdjohannes

Bikes: 90's Trek 850, 05 Giant Yukon, and many others that pass through my hands between the junk yard and a new owner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"American Arrow?"

Picked up this bike early this summer and have been enjoying it ever since. It's labeled "American Arrow made in Belgium" with a very cheap label. I posted it earlier on Old Ten Speed Gallery and someone replied that they had an American Arrow made in West Germany. It must be vintage early 70's, because it has a license from 1974. It is surprisingly light, marked "RC tubing," and has alloy wheels, stem and bars; with a steel, cottered crank. The frame is not especially tall, but it is long (almost 2 in longer than a taller Fuji that I own) and fits me well. When riding, it has the feel of a French bike (like a Motobecane I rode a few years ago). All in all, it has a generic look and intriguing features, which makes me so curious who made it, obviously no one "American." The only things I've changed are the bar tape and tires (just things I had in the garage). I know you all like a mystery--can you help me with this one? Thanks.
Bob Johannes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
american arrow superia.JPG (14.2 KB, 180 views)
Picture 001.jpg (53.8 KB, 243 views)
rc tubes 1974 license.JPG (43.1 KB, 204 views)