Thread: Clipless Pedels
View Single Post
Old 03-16-05, 08:05 AM
FLyBOy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you very, very much BMXTRIX, those tips you've just listed are THE most helpful ones I've read so far. And I can definetly see how being able to do endos well would help in bunnyhopping, because it has that same bar pushing motion while at the same time tucking in and behind the seat. I've stopped practicing endos, I haven't done one with brakes for quite awhile, mostly because I've wanted to get better at foot-jam endos so I could do them without the brakes. But, even though they are similar in motion, the balancing and body posistioning is quite different in each one. So, I think I'll start practicing normal endos again because, like you suggested, it is a good thing to be able to do endos well. And as for your other tips, they were very helpful as well, thanks for taking the time to make them clear.

I was also thinking, doesn't height have something to do with your trick ability? I mean, not like a HUGE margen, but just a little. It seems like it definetly would because if you're taller you'd have more leverage on your bike, and you'd be able to lean back farther or lean forwards farther if you were taller, right? Also, if you're taller you usually weigh more because your body is bigger, so you'd have more weight to throw around also which would help in moving your bike around. I'm not sure on all of this, I just thought it made sense. And the ONLY reason I'm saying all of this is because I'm a little short for my age, and I was thinking that might have a slight impact on some of my trick ability. That's going to change of course though. Besides riding my bike (which is very very good excersise) I do PE at least once a week, then I do another body building workout by myself later on in the day, again at least once a week. So I know I'm definetly strong, but since I'm still not an adult yet, I'm still not as strong as I'm going to be because adults are stronger than kids. And the reasong I say I'm a little short for my age is because I'm fifteen and I'm only 5'4, and my other fifteen-year-old friends are probably about 5'7 to 5'10. But, like I said, that will change in time.