View Single Post
Old 10-06-09, 03:14 PM
karjak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazingPedals
Comets are racing tires. They have a light carcass, and a thin layer of rubber under the herringbone tread. To get acceptable longevity, they use a relatively hard rubber compound, so they don't grip quite as well in some conditions (namely in the rain,) and their thin rubber makes them susceptible to puncture flats. Aside from those shortcomings, I have found them to be one of the fastest tires for available 26" or 20", and being relatively inexpensive gives them great bang for the buck.
Hey Blazing Pedals,

Caught your reply post on the relative speed of Primo's. Just bought a 26" used Hed front wheel for my High Racer that came with a Primo 1.0 racer on it. Have been using Stelvio's and Conti Grand Prix's before. Recently just purchased some 26" Durano's. Do you think there is any significant difference in speed of any of these tires? If you could rate them on paved surface under good weather conditions what would be your opinion? I now have all these tires availabe to me and don't know what is best for Time Trials.

Thanks - Karjak