View Single Post
Old 10-08-09, 07:26 AM
zagnut

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Last night I was driving home on a rural road and noticed flashing red lights in the distance. I immediately figured it was an emergency vehicle some 3 to 4 miles distant. To my surprise, it was a bicyclist only about 1 mile distant. I'm guessing that he had a PB Superflash or something close to it. His blinkie was definitely seen. The downside is that distance perspective is really lost with these lights, and it alarmed me because that is what I use. He also had a very weak headlight, almost not to be seen at least in the wash that my truck headlights spread over his. He also had a very weak blinkie on his helmet, but this was almost useless unless he used it as a backup in case of failure.

This episode made me realize that a Dinotte tail light is in my very near future as I ride in the early morning hours for training. I feel like drivers will actually appreciate the brighter light as it gives them better depth/distance perception. I know I would like it. I already have a Dinotte 200L for a headlight but I'm thinking of adding a MS and moving the Dinotte to my helmet. I know that drivers respect and see my 200L as they dim their lights when approaching without blinding me or washing out my light. The tail light is my 1st priority though.

Zagnut