View Single Post
Old 10-08-09, 06:19 PM
masiman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by moonwalker
Closing thought: I would love to see a series of PSAs where a driver says goodbye to their family at some type of event before heading off on a trip in their car and then has a series of close-calls while driving. However, in each incident the startled cyclists on bikes that look back are members his or her family, which would be the same for the passengers of other cars, pedestrians and everyone else who his various inattentive activities put in peril. A tag line such as "Drive as though your family's lives depends on it" would drive home the message.

That would be a fantastic PSA. I could visiualize it while reading it. Wish Lance would read this, and with all his "contacts" get this done here in Texas.
Even throw in a before home movie shot of the Bruehler's daughter at the start and an after shot at the funeral or something to show the loss. I think adding the real life to the attempts to connect or personalize what can happen would be effective if it could be packaged well, simply, and briefly.