View Single Post
Old 03-17-05, 03:45 AM
jrcln

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,, Ric i s rather astute in warning you about buying a problem child, for what its worth, the hi racer is removed from the lineup as of a day or so ago. The action bents,, are totally standard grade, copycat type engineered bikes. Not that copying is all bad,,as it can really make for a low cost bike. They are for folks,,who really cant afford something better,,although I think that a used quality bike at the same price is definitely better. The socalled warranty that s offered,,is simply,,,,,,replacement only,,and maybe it will be awhile before the stuff is sent from taiwan,,,, because the importer,,,and shipper,,doesnt stock a lot of component parts . The seats are KNOWN to be weak. He is actually cannabiliziing bikes in stock,,so that he can send seats out to customers whose seats break. That aint all bad either,,because it leaves him with some seatless bikes,, that he sells as framesets. You buy a good rans seat or make something sturdy and comfy and put it on his bargain basement frameset. If the absolute lowest price,, is necessary for you,,then maybe take a chance. I think the more basic action bents,,the older models,,are probably mostly ok now,,,,since the first customers,,, did the alpha testing for you already. I wouldnt consider some of the socalled cutting edge stuff that they sell,,,,,until youre very sure that it will be ok. Let somebody else deal with alpha testing. I do think,,,that a better choice for those with low prices in mind is an EZ model,,bought from your local dealer,, local dealers are important,, why buy stuff on the internet for just a somewhat lower price when youre going to have to deal with the repairs yourself and dont have that all important dealer support. Have fun guys.