View Single Post
Old 10-12-09, 01:36 PM
merlinextraligh
pan y agua

Bikes: Willier Zero 7; Merlin Extralight; Calfee Dragonfly tandem, Calfee Adventure tandem; Cervelo P2; Motebecane Ti Fly 29er; Motebecanne Phantom Cross; Schwinn Paramount Track bike

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1447 Post(s)
Liked 727 Times in 372 Posts
That is an incredibly well done photograph.

Sometimes photographs become icons, crystalize sentiment, and have the power to change things (think of the photo of The Vietnamese child running being burned by Napalm.)

Perhaps that photograph could be used by Bicycle ardvocates to really drive home a message about safe driving.

And for my effort tilting at Windmills, I sent the following message to the Office of the Governor of Texas:

Greg and Alexandra Breuhler were recently killed when a truck driven by an inattentive driver struck their tandem bicycle. Attached is a link to a photograph of Greg and Alexandra's 7 year old daughter taken at their funeral.

Bicycling is a healthy and constructive means of transportation and recreation. Bicycling reduces our need for fossil fuels, pollution, CO2 emmissions, and improves public health by reducing the ills of sedentary lifestyles

However, Bicycling is becoming increasingly more dangerous with congestion, inattentive drivers, cell phones, and text messaging.

The message sent to motorists by the passage of a 3 foot passing zone law, and an education campaign communicating that law would help to reduce those dangers.

I would therefore urge you to reconsider your position on the 3 foot law, and request the legislature to again present the Bill to you for signature, and sign the Bill into law.

You can go to the Website and send Governor Perry a message.
http://governor.state.tx.us/contact/
OR YOU COULD STAY HOME AND FALL OFF THE COUCH AND DIE.