View Single Post
Old 03-17-05, 05:39 PM
collegeskier

Bikes: Felt F5, Fuji Robaix Pro and a KHS Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Discovery Channel does not care what Lance says about race prep. They want him to win, but really who reads what Lance says about how prepared he is. Well we all did but guess what we are going to support DC cause the sponsored a bike team and we want a US company to sponsor a cycling team. DC cares much more about the celebrity of Lance which I am sure they both have PR firms working on to make sure they can market him long after he gets off the bike for good. As for how prepared he is and making excuses if/when he losses. Well to be honest would you say in March that he is going to win at the end of July. 2nd I believe he will eventually lose the TDF. Personally I have to say that I would be disappointed if he did not. Why give up till you are beat. You don't stop until you have lost, then you have to answer the what if question. Being beaten by the best cyclists in the world is nothing to be ashamed about. But if he had walked away after last year, people always would have said he should have come back for a 7th win, well it will always be that way. And after all we all show up to our jobs or school even though we are not the best at it per say, why should atheletes be any different?