View Single Post
Old 10-16-09, 07:11 PM
vincentnyc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Dear Rider:

The 15th annual Tour de Bronx has been rained out. After consultation with the NYPD and the Bronx Borough President's Office, it has become clear that Sunday's inclement weather would pose a safety risk to our 5,000 riders. We are working together to identify a future date on which we can hold the tour, and will post any developments at tourdebronx.org.

For more information, you can reach our friends at the Bronx Borough President's office at (718) 590-3518. Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr. has issued the following statement to all riders:

“Unfortunately, due to concerns over weather and rider safety, and following discussions with City officials, I have decided to postpone the annual Tour De Bronx bicycle tour, which was scheduled for Sunday, October 18. My office is working to schedule a future date for this event, and I deeply regret the last minute nature of this announcement and any inconvenience this may cause those of you who were anticipating a wonderful ride through our Bronx streets.”

The Tour de Bronx is our longest-running free bike tour, and we are so disappointed that we won't have the chance to ride with our friends from the borough this Sunday. But the safety of our riders comes first.

We can't control the weather, but T.A. will continue working in the Bronx for safer biking year-round.

If you'd like to become more involved in our efforts, join T.A.'s Volunteer Bronx Committee on Wednesday, November 11th for its monthly meeting. Check the T.A. event calendar for meeting time and location.

Stay Dry!

Transportation Alternatives"