operator
cab horn

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Campione

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by mtnbke
What about the crank spacing might be a problem?

By that do you mean figuring out which spacers to use with the chain rings? I checked the Sugino AT crank that came with the bike. It has a 74mm little ring. So I could take the 74mm little ring off the Sugino crank.

However, would I want to do this? I was reading about chainrings on Peter White's web site and learned that there is a difference between the way teeth are set on Shimano versus Sugino chainrings. I don't know what the Zinn crank is meant to use (Sugino or Shimano standard).
You're not understanding. 130bcd crank will fit all 130bcd chainrings, has nothing to do with how the chainring teeth are set. According to sheldon you should be fine on that crank for 7/8/9 *unless* it was originally designed for 10 speed - which puts the chainrings close together. You could mess with spacers as well but that will probably be an exercise in frustration. Also - not sure what you mean by high end rings. Shimano rings are perfectly fine.

I haven't messed with incompatibly issues like this before maybe someone who's a crank *speed* expert can chime in.

Last edited by operator; 10-17-09 at 10:26 AM.