Old 10-20-09, 10:58 AM
RatedZeroHero
foolishly delirious

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rumrunn6
don't you guys think clydes have bigger obstacles to conquer before worrying about crunches on an exercise ball? basically ANY ab exercise will be a step up from your current situation, don't you think? I mean this in the best way possible - go walking and you'll exercise your abs and back and legs, etc. maybe I'm out of line here? I mean crunches on an exercise ball is kinds what you do when you're down to a pretty low body fat percentage right?
wow let me count the ways this post is ignorant and offensive

I started doing ball crunches because they were voted #2 most effective ab exercises by a major college...

my current situation... before my Dr. shut me down due to a shoulder injury I was at 20 miles per day and up to 30 miles on some rides... plus running 4-5 miles... and riding my mt. bike for fun... plus using my bikes as my only means of transportation (so I was riding 30-40 miles per day)

just because I posted this in the clyde/athena section are you assuming that I am as wide as I am tall? FYI I stand 6'6" and 260# I am by no means a "big fat guy" just so happens even if I were at single digit body fat I will still be a clyde

according to the jist of your post I shouldn't do any type of exercise because I have too high of body fat %... no weight training no crunches no nothing because I am not skinny enough to see the results?

I was under the informed opinion from this cycling thread that core strength is a key component to fitting/correct riding posture I was trying to aid mine by strengthening mine... what I don't have a low enough body fat percentage to ride, as per your post I should walk since I am probably too fat to be on a bike

please tell me what kind of exercises i should be doing since you seem to know exactly what kind of shape i am in...

rumrunn6, you should be banned for making offensive statements... because your post offended me