Old 10-20-09, 05:51 PM
mkadam68

Bikes: 2012 MotorHouse road bike. No. You can't get one.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Most definitely, yeah:

Originally Posted by 10 Wheels
Get the one that fits you best.
+1

There are very few difference between them: steel (Satellite) or aluminum (Ventura Comp), triple or compact, and the Ventura is (very slightly) more aggressive in its geometry.

The knock on aluminum has always been it's a harsher ride. I don't know if this criticism still holds true today. But then, this is an entry-level bike, so the greatest engineering/geometry may not have gone into it: it could still be harsh. The carbon fork won't effect the ride comfort much (if it were a seat stay, that's another matter). And, aluminum doesn't rust.

The knock on steel has always been rust, but it always seems to get good marks for comfort. That's because it's also usually flexible. This might be a concern for a clydesdale (it was for me).

I'd personally go for the Ventura Comp.

I'm not a fan of triple cranks: learning to shift them can be a lengthy process. The compact crankset of the Ventura is more appealing to me. It has a slightly shorter wheelbase, making it feel just a bit more nimble. I would expect the aluminum frame to be less flex-y than the steel.

Depending on how heavy you are, you'll probably want to look into getting some stronger wheels. Check w/the shop: it may be cheapest to do it now rather than later.