View Single Post
Old 10-20-09, 09:13 PM
RhodeRunner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wearyourtruth
hey OP are we talking about using a MTB as a commuter or actually doing MTB riding fixed? i rode MTB fixed and i hated it, scared the crap out of me, but on the road there isn't the issues of rolling logs and rocks etc.

btw, do you know if your formula hub fits your mtb dropout? most mountain bikes have 135mm rear spacing...
I'm planning on riding it as a commuter but I'll definitely tear up some trails with it for kicks and giggles. Theres a small wooded area near me that I'll mess around in. If I can get a symmetrical wheel without too much trouble I plan on making it a flip/flop anyway and maybe even a 2 speed flip/flop, if I have a quiet weekend. The original point of this bike was to make a winter commuter as cheaply as possible. so far: $50
total and I still need a rim, spokes and chain.

Just by eyeballing (I'll measure soon - especially for chainline etc dont worry) I'm pretty sure the hub is 120, the dropouts are 135 and the axle is 160/165. I'll have to add 15mm of spacers but that's fine, no? I added 6mm for my road conversion and it's holding up nicely..