View Single Post
Old 03-19-05, 07:51 PM
LittleBigMan
Sumanitu taka owaci

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is in regard to the bicycles. Again I was held up and put in danger by a person on a bicycle on the road.
Held up by a bicyclist? Where are your driving skills, Mr. Motorist?

Put in danger? Again, I have to ask: where are your driving skills? Your lack of skill is what's dangerous.

Even though there was a sidewalk parallel to the road, they chose to ride in harm’s way, and why, I don’t know.
Harm's way? Mr. Motorist, are you saying a bicycle on the road where you are driving is in "harm's way?" If so, you need to have your license revoked!

Is there a reason these people feel that they have a right to endanger others as well as people driving a car? The roads were built for cars and trucks; they weren’t built for bicycles.
Mr. Motorist, you should study your history, and also the vehicle code.

What happens, God forbidding, if a motorist hits a person riding a bicycle? First time that happens, the bicyclist becomes hurt or even worse than that. Secondly, the driver would usually be sued, probably lose everything he’s ever worked for in his life, all because of a bicyclist that wanted to ride down the center of the road and show they have the authority to do that.
Mr. Motorist, here you admit the cyclist has the authority to ride on the road. Secondly, you admit the courts would award legal damages for your negligence if you hit the cyclist who is lawfully operating on the road.

What makes people do these crazy things? I’ll never understand.
Mr. Motorist, perhaps you never will understand. By your own admission, the cyclist is lawful and your negligence could get you sued. As a wise man once said, "It's better to remain silent and let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

(Thanks, D. Tipton, for the quotes.)