Old 03-19-05, 08:23 PM
late

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12171 Post(s)
Liked 1,479 Times in 1,092 Posts
Hi,
the original plan was to scavenge my old Fuji 7 speed for parts. The parts on the Fuji are in great shape. The crank is a Sugino XD with only a few miles on it.
The chain, rear gears, and rear der have plenty of life in them.
But.. I have an Ultegra triple crank in the cellar, and an Ultegra right hand brake/shifter. So I would need to get a chain, a left hand shifter, and front and rear derailleurs to make it a 9 speed. In both cases I need a cassette, I think. While the Fuji has 27 inch wheels, I have a wheel from a 8 speed hybrid I could use. It's nothing special. It's in a shed, and I will have to wade through some deep snow to get it. I don't remember if it takes the old screw on thingy or the newer cassette thingy.
I could swap the front wheel I have on my CD to the Sport on the days I use that. It's that or get some cheap Nasbar touring wheels. Anyway... as you can tell, I am trying to figure out what I should do. Want to hear something funny? The frame color is similar to a creamsicle, a pale orange. The B17 on my Fuji is green. Maybe I can dye the saddle. I hoped to paint the frame, but the money is simply not there for that this year.