View Single Post
Old 10-23-09, 06:53 PM
alfonsopilato
eBiker

Bikes: CCM Moutain bike fitted with 408 Crystalyte motor, 48V 12 AH battery, 20 amp 48 v Crystalyte controller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The pedal first is from ebikes.ca, and that one is working.

The immediate start controller is from itselectric.ca _ that's the one I'm not having much luck with. I'm trying to figure out where the problem may lie. They tested the controller and said it's fine. It takes a 4 pin throttle, so to rule out a possible throttle problem, I bought one such throttle from them and still doesn't work. All that happens when I twist the throttle is an initial tug of the motor then nothing happens at all. The mini XLR connector is secure, the three phase wire also is securely connected... I would really like to get some form of immediate start controller working on this bike, would be really cool.

As soon as I plug the pedal first controller, it's all working fine...

so ... the problem may lie at the
a) digital controller
b) mini XLR cable (pedal first doesn't use this)

I've asked if they can send me another controller. We'll see. If the other controller still doesn't work, then that means the problem must be with the mini XLR cable.

It's all good.. i'm patient and good things come to those who wait right

Oooh btw, totally unrelated: I rode in the rain today and it was super great !!!. Why was it so good, because I had those thingies that cover your shoes. Bought them from Mountain Coop. Got home from really heavy rain, shoes were dry (doesn't take much to get me excited )

Last edited by alfonsopilato; 10-24-09 at 04:44 AM.