View Single Post
Old 10-24-09, 03:05 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 181 Posts
If you have the room at home, why not look for a used stationary bike on Craigslist. It's a lot more convenient than having to drive to the fitness center every time you wish to use it. I bought one a few years ago at the local Salvation Army as-is store. It was a friction type with a speedometer on the handlebars. They had several and were offering them for $10 each (on sale). Bought it, soon got bored with it, put it on the back patio for a year or two, and then put it out for the trash. It was gone long before the garbage truck arrived. I was glad I hadn't bought it new. Hope whoever got it has fun on it. I just looked up on our local Craigslist entering"stationary bicycle" under the "for sale/bikes" category and putting a limit of $50. Two came up, one very nice fan type for $ 20 and a friction type for $30. The number and kinds of exercise equipment that show up at garage sales should tell you a little about many people's persistance when it comes to exercise.

BTW, the stationary bike will improve your cardiovascular fitness. Any exercise is better than none at all.