View Single Post
Old 10-24-09, 08:58 PM
Colnagowarrior

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Spokane

Been riding road for many years. Spokane is a tremendous road riding area, with hundreds of miles of paved, meandering roads. Have a roadie friend who has fallen in love with mtb riding, having treated himself to a high-end Trek Fuel (9.7?). He asked me to buy a FS bike so we could explore the trails together. I bought two, naturally, both used. Both are Titus - a Moto Lite, which isn't, and a Racer X, which is. Love the Racer X, although I'm still tweaking the shocks and will probably need to replace the old 5th Element that came with the bike. Hope to find a used Fox RP3 or equivalent.

Been retired here for 7 years. Used to do HR and Labor Relations work for a large school district. Fixed benefit retirement programs were common when I started, so I've been fortunate. Don't think my son will fare as well. Still teach and negotiate labor contracts from time to time, to pay for my rather expensive toys. Also shoot competively - in multi-gun, action format - so I have two hobbies that are equipment intensive and costly.