THE STUFFED

Bikes: R. Sachs Road; EAI Bareknuckle; S-Works Enduro

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Fidelista
How much time do you have?
Presuming that these chips etc. haven't penetrated to bare metal...carefully sand around the edges to "feather" the existing paint. 320-600 grit should do it. Use a fine short-bristled brush to apply a thin coat to the blemish.Pay the extra for a decent brush from an art supplies store. Don't be tempted to fill the blemish with paint the first time...it will be slow to dry. Give it a day or so to dry, then touch it up again after lightly sanding. Repeat the touchup process, always allowing time to dry, until the new paint is slightly proud of the existing paint.
Give it a week or so to completely dry, then using an old t-shirt or similar to rub some cutting compound/polish (the kind sold it auto parts store etc for rejuvenating car paint) across the repair until the paint surface is level. Use a flashlight at an angle to check if the repair is flush.
Wax and polish the entire frame so the gloss levels match.
It's a time consuming chore, but with gloss black, the repair should be undetectable and you will have earned some beer for a job well done.

P.S....and use gloss black.
Woah; great tips
Yeah I guess I'll be spendin my nights after work on my bike