View Single Post
Old 03-21-05, 10:59 AM
digger

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1295 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 132 Posts
Originally Posted by ruchai
I use mirrors on my bikes for many years and will not ride a bike without a mirror. A few years ago I found out about Z'efal mirror and now I shall never ride a bike without Z'efal Cyclop mirror.

That's the mirror I use on my road bike as I have STI's I just love the thing, no bounce. Unfortunatly I cannot use it on my touring bike as I have bar end shifters.

On my touring bike I have on of those lever mount mirrors, you know, the kind that mounts on your brake lever and attaches with a velcro strap...? However, I have not mounted it there, but rather on the handlebar just behind the drops. I can't put my hands there because of the mirror but I never do anyhow. I have found this takes alot of the bounce out of the mirror, especially if you use electrical tape to mount it.

Wouldn't ride without a mirror, nor would I change lanes without a glance over my shoulder. I use the mirror as an early warning system, especially for the damn kids in case they have a 2x4 stiking out of the car, I can either duck or ride off the road.

Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.

Digger