Old 10-27-09, 04:29 PM
Kommisar89
Bottecchia fan

Bikes: 1959 Bottecchia Milano-Sanremo (frame), 1966 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1971 Bottecchia Professional (frame), 1973 Bottecchia Gran Turismo, 1974 Bottecchia Special, 1977 Bottecchia Special (frame), 1974 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by petandbikes
Hey JRrestore,

I tried to find you on the net, but NO one can find you?!?!?!, So if you do have the decals for my Bottecchia, that's all nice!!!!!So them you can help me out for the details and years of the bike. SORRY, but everybody wants to help but no one thoses help accept Kommisar89 on this forum site...!!!! that wants more better pics "details"."it's coming Kommisar89". it's just that i dont like being plyed around.

Thank's and have a Good day.
petandbikes,

The main downtube and seattube decals are available. There is a guy in Italy named Giorgio Panciroli <info@vintagetransfers.it> (http://www.vintagetransfers.it/home.htm) who can provide original decals for a 50's vintage Bottecchia. Those decals are varnish type decals which I understand can be difficult to apply if you don't have experience with them. I've never done it myself. JRrestore (http://www.velocals.com/servlet/the-...hia/Categories) provides reproduction decals. He produced a set 1950's decals based on the pictures I provided above. Those are modern vinyl sticker type decals which are much easier to work with unless you are looking to do a 100% correct original restoration. There are probably some other smaller decals that are not easily found. With the pictures we can probably narrow down your model year. The heavy brass head badge on yours indicates something from the 1950's. The 1948 bike that I've seen a picture of had a decal instead of a brass badge and the 1960's and later bikes have a much lighter, stamped brass head badge. I'd like to see details of the lugs, seat cluster, dropouts, components, and any decals that might still remain on the frame.

-Kommisar