View Single Post
Old 10-29-09, 06:45 AM
KNEEL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey Fat Boy,
I'm sorry if I cost you an hour, I probally need to work on my delivery a little. Your last post was extremely concise and well written, The last two lines completely make sense and are a totally valid question.
I would like however to defend my analogy a little bit though, The simple placement of six or seven carpenter tools in all in a position that streamlines thier use came from years of my own experience. This is similar to a Professional Bike Fit, that takes the years of your coaches experience and places you in what he feels is the optimal position on the bike(I am not detracting from him here) By using the strawberry system you can measure yourself and It will give dimensions to draft a bike from which may either confirm or dispute what your coach/fitter says.
The important thing here is that it is a second opinion. I used it and my current bike set up was with in millimeters if not right on from what came back from the fit program. I have never been fit to a bike, I just let it develop over the years into what it is now. You also dont say how long you've been riding/racing, this can have a ton of impact on your position as it will change over the years as you develop different muscles.
anyway, I have to go to work, I'll check back in later. it wasn't my intention to put you on tilt and I look forward to seeing what you come up with on your project
Kneel