Old 10-31-09, 03:21 PM
seanmdo

Bikes: CAAD9, Specialized Transition, Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjcampbell
How does this race play out? I will be in Vero on the 7th, and will be bringing my bike. 1234 all together seems like a weird race . Is it a sprinters race?
This is the first running. My guess is the legnth will cause some splitting in the field. They are putting everyone together b/c of the rolling caravan/baricade. My guess is that it will end with a breakaway of maybe 6-9 guys and a sprint for the money spots but not a huge field sprint. Of course I could be wrong...but the wind should play a factor in this one.

The race is on the Nov. 8th. (Next Sunday).

South Miami Heights aint that bad...But that's my city perspective... I live in the area of Coconut Grove that people tell tourists not to go... we have BMWs/mercedes/Lexus etc parked on the street and French/Argentinian/White/Black/Mexican neighbors. Its just the city as far as I'm concerned...

Does it look like a gated community with McMansions everywhere... No, but that's why I live in Miami and not Sarasota where my mom and grandma live. I used to live on the Near south side of Chicago too in a "gentrifying" neighborhood. They were building 700k plus townhomes right around the corner from knocked down projects. Again, that's the city baby!

I think we have a pot dealer on our block too, and he's some guy who goes to college at UM. You'd be surprised (or not) what your neighbors do behind closed doors...