I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
TowPath Info

WOW - answered my own question! Tow Path Info

The Cuyahoga Valley is fast becoming one of my favorite areas in Ohio to trail ride. The Emerald Necklace, Akron Bike & Hike Trail and the Towpath will cover roughly 190 total miles when the 3 trails are completed. Much of this mileage lies directly in the heart of the Cuyahoga Valley which provides a wonderful refuge from nearby cities and suburbs. The biking trails and the natural beauty of the valley form a winning combination. You'd be hard pressed to find a better match anywhere in the state of Ohio.

Akron Tow Path Info

http://centurycycles.com/page.cfm?PageID=596

Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail
The Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail (or just "The Towpath" for short) is a biking and hiking trail that runs north and south, generally following the path of the Cuyahoga River and the old Ohio & Erie Canal. The surface is mostly smooth crushed limestone, with occasional paved sections. The terrain is mostly flat and suitable for children and adults of all abilities.

The Towpath passes through a variety of wooded environments and neighborhoods, with scenic natural beauty and historic and cultural landmarks, including the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. There are numerous trailheads that provide parking and access to the trail. Our Peninsula store is located right on the trail; if you don't have a bike, you can even rent one from us there. Or, join us for one of our Night Rides on the Towpath!

There is a new short section of the Towpath near the Steelyard Commons shopping plaza south of downtown Cleveland. The longest continuous stretch of the trail runs about 35 miles, from Harvard Road just south of Steelyard Commons, to downtown Akron. There is a completed section from the south side of Akron towards Barberton, then a long stretch from Clinton, through Canal Fulton, down to Massillon. The trail picks up again south of Massillon all the way to Bolivar. The eventual plan is for the trail to run continuously from the shore of Lake Erie all the way south to New Philadelphia.