Old 11-01-09, 07:32 PM
beech333
Fuji Fan

Bikes: Was Fuji and got my grails (Pro, Pro SR, Design Series, & Ti). Now I hunt 50's and older road bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 112 Posts
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/bik/1447312551.html

Bridgestone RB1 Road Racing Bicycle - $525 (evanston)

You are bidding on a . Yes, it’s the beloved lugged steel Bridgestone RB-1, a Grant Petersen era beauty that sports Italian design with top quality Japanese craftsmanship and Ishiwata butted tubing. The frame measures 53cm center crank to center seat tube/top tube junction, 55cm across the top tube, center to center. The bike shows plenty of typical scuffing and scratching to the paint, but nothing bad, mainly just the stuff you’d expect from normal use, and the bike really does make a great overall impression. There are NO dents, NO dings and NO cracks in the frame. Everything is in working order. I you are interested, look at an original Bridgestone catalog page which has more information on this bike, you can visit this page on the web:
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgest...ne-1989-14.htm

price: $525 obo

$60.00 shipping and insurance (if required) in the contiguous U.S.. Contiguous U.S. bidders only on this item, please.

Frame: 1991? bridgestone RB1 (53cm red) w/ fork & tange headset
Shifters: shimano 105 8/9-speed
Derailleurs: shimano 600
Crankset: shimano durace 53/42
Bottom bracket: shimano mountain bike, sealed bearing
Brake levers: diacompe
Brake claipers: shimano 105
Pedals: durace/look compatable w/ grey
Chain: shimano ultegra
Bars: cinelli (silver) 42cm outside dimension…40cm c/c
Stem: not sure? (black) 120mm. will include a cinelli 130mm stem at no charge
Seatpost: american classic (silver)
Saddle: sella Italia “hinault” turbo (white)
Cog: ultegra 9 speed (12-21)
Wheels: shimano105 hubs, mavic box rims (32 spoke, silver) w/ tires

andy

I'm not sure why it starts off with "You are bidding on a", but it sounds like a decent deal for a RB1.