View Single Post
Old 11-03-09, 01:57 PM
vins0010

Bikes: '86 Trek Elance 400; '83 Trek 520; 90s Specialized Crossroads, '84 Trek 610 (wife's), 90s Trek Multitrack (wife's), Cargo Trailers, Burley for the Kids, WeeHoo Trailer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be putting these on my Lemond Zurich for training, I suppose. I don't race, but I like to go out and get a good workout a few times a week when the weather is decent. These won't be used for commuting; I have another bike for that. I also run 25s - just get a smoother ride out of them than the 23s I had before. These will be used in Milwaukee, which doesn't have the best roads. I also weigh 180... so, I'm a "heavy" cyclist, albeit a light Sconie.

From what people are saying, it sounds like I should keep the Open Pros in the running, but also look at the CXP33 and the Velocity Aerohead. I like the price of the Aerohead - but looks like it is a bit of a weaker rim. But given that I'm locked into 32 spokes in both the front and the back, I'd guess I could do 3x in the back, maybe 2x in the front, and it'd be more than good enough. I was reading up on the Velocity Fusion - just looks a bit more rugged.