Old 11-06-09, 07:52 AM
FKMTB07

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbattle
I'd take great pictures of the Selects and sell them no reserve and starting at $1. If you set a reserve and it isn't met, you pay eBay for the privilege of keeping your wheels.

Since you've gotten a forum to diss the Selects, don't expect them to be worth very much. If someone Googles your wheels, expect this page to pop right up.

I would keep them for a future project bike. Or in case you taco one of the Mavics. The Selects aren't nearly so bad as others have said. The important thing for all wheels is proper spoke tension.

Truth.

I never said the Bontys were terrible, just that the CXP22/Formulas were probably a little better. IMO though, (when tensioned properly and maintained) your basic CXP22/Formula/DT wheelset is the best value in a wheelset for fg/ss you can buy. I have a set that are 4 years old and have been on ss street bikes, raced cross for a season, road/raced track for a bit, and are now on my commuter. Spectacular wheels.

I ended up putting my Selects on my old IRO frame and selling the bike to a dude I'm sure enjoys the bike.