View Single Post
Old 11-06-09, 08:54 PM
oldfixguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hairnet,

Yes, I thought about grabbing some 16's and 17's. I have a couple of the 2 sided Park's in those sizes (15/16 and 17/18). The difference between the Park's and the Zog's is incredible. Now, my Park's are the $3.95 double sided ones. They are both inexpensive and cheap. The Zog's ran about $8 a piece (double sided available but I went dedicated) and the difference in quality is difficult exaggerate. Night and day. One thing I really don't like about the double sided wrenches is they make my hands hurt. They do the job and all but they feel flimsy and not well thought out somehow. I'll keep the Park stuff and see what I use. I knew 13, 14, 15 were tools that got used for the bikes at my house. I don't want my tool box to unnecessarily bloat. If I had a dedicated work area I'd feel differently but everything is stored in a tool box and pulled out as needed.

I'm on a quality kick though and plan to create a smaller tool box with my throw aways for my 15 year old son. Fixing bikes is one of those dad and son things and at his age keeping those bonds is a bit of a struggle. The chick is preparing to leave the nest and is building strength. The old rooster knows there are both challenges and good times ahead. A bike can be a positive. Fixing a bike with dad can be the difference.