Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-16, 11:39 AM   #51
mconlonx 
hyper-verbal
 
mconlonx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3105 Post(s)
Thanks for posting the video...

They should paint the protruding corner of the offending vent assembly hi-viz / reflective yellow.

That transition from Main to Third does suck, and would be especially tricky with usual weekday traffic through there, especially without any indicator for the transition to the contra bike lane and the concrete island in the middle. That contra lane would have been a perfect candidate for a separated bike lane... except for that protruding vent...

For my former commute out of Boston from the Longfellow bridge on Broadway, I also don't see that there is any marked bike lanes for transitioning from Broadway westbound to Main St, across Broadway traffic eastbound. Is there at least a left-turn signal light there for car traffic?

But all told, meh, not perfect, but nice to see some progress. Now that it's in, it should be easier to correct than it was to get it there in the first place.
__________________
I know next to nothing. I am frequently wrong.
mconlonx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-16, 08:36 AM   #52
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 16,964
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
our town has a new bike lane right in the door zone of a line of parked cars
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 10:27 AM   #53
mr_bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bill View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgear View Post
On the other side of the Charles, Boston, under Mayor Mahty , won't even put in bike lanes unless someone else pays for them. Thankfully the bridges between the two Cities are owned (or repairs financed) by MassDOT, so we have bike lanes (with some cycletracks coming soon) on most of them.
Uh, that's simply not fair. Nothing ever happens as fast as we would like it to happen, BUT....
Better than ever could have hoped.

H.4565, Sections 193 and 194.

Not just Boston, authority for *ALL* cities and towns to:
  • Establish 25 mph speed limits in thickly settled and business districts that are not state highways.
  • Establish 20 mph speed limits in "safety zones" anywhere that is not a state highway
  • *AND* with the approval of the department (currently MassDOT), 20 mph speed limits in "safety zones" on state highways.

Signed into law. Will be implemented in Boston ASAP.

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-11-16 at 11:26 AM.
mr_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 10:47 AM   #54
RichSPK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
Bikes: Dawes Lightning DLX, 1988 Klein Performance, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, Carrera Phantom, 1973 Raleigh Record
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
They couldn't put in vent pipes like these, located above the curb?
Beaches Living Guide

Then again, they're hoping to be able to install REFLECTORS, so I guess relocating the vents is way too much to ask.
RichSPK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 10:50 AM   #55
RichSPK
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Worcester, MA, USA
Bikes: Dawes Lightning DLX, 1988 Klein Performance, 1985 Raleigh Alyeska, Carrera Phantom, 1973 Raleigh Record
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Worcester has plenty of bike lanes in the door zone. I also found one bike lane that's on the left side of a one-way street. At one intersection, the street changes to two-way, and the bike lane switches to the right side. Awkward!
RichSPK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 11:18 AM   #56
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 16,964
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
20mph? they better add speed bumps!
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 09:40 PM   #57
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bill View Post
Better than ever could have hoped.

H.4565, Sections 193 and 194.

Not just Boston, authority for *ALL* cities and towns to:
  • Establish 25 mph speed limits in thickly settled and business districts that are not state highways.
  • Establish 20 mph speed limits in "safety zones" anywhere that is not a state highway
  • *AND* with the approval of the department (currently MassDOT), 20 mph speed limits in "safety zones" on state highways.

Signed into law. Will be implemented in Boston ASAP.

-mr. bill
Not quite ASAP, still a 90 day waiting period for the law to take effect, and needs approval by the City Council, but it should breeze right through since the previous resolution asking for 20mph did.

Spoke with some BTD people today, they are looking at making most city owned streets in Boston 25mph.

Also, 1/4 mile of buffered bike lane installed on Washington St in Rozzie from Enneking/West Roxbury Parkways to Beechland Rd in both directions. BTD narrowed the street to one lane each direction to make it far safer for people crossing the street - it's a result (VisionZero response) of a traffic fatality this past january where a person was taken out by the "double threat". Just like the one block of Beacon Street, flex posts still need to be installed, I'm told BTD is in the process of procuring.

Also, I have heard rumors that the separated lanes on Mass Ave will actually happen this fall.

BTD has been installing sharrow symbols on many streets, some should be getting bike lanes -it seems the contractors are rather slow.

All in all, huge improvements on the ground by BTD in the short time since this thread started.

Last edited by randomgear; 08-11-16 at 09:43 PM. Reason: clarification
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 09:50 PM   #58
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
20mph? they better add speed bumps!
This bill also makes it possible for cities and towns to design roads for 25mph , not 30 - this is a very big deal. lots of traffic calming features are available (10' wide lanes, curb extensions, alternating parking to form chicanes, raised intersections, raised crosswalks, speed humps and more) not just limited to speed bumps.
When traffic signalization synchronization is workable, cities and towns can make the signal progression 20mph and not cause problems.
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 10:12 PM   #59
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgear View Post
This bill also makes it possible for cities and towns to design roads for 25mph , not 30 - this is a very big deal. lots of traffic calming features are available (10' wide lanes, curb extensions, alternating parking to form chicanes, raised intersections, raised crosswalks, speed humps and more) not just limited to speed bumps.
All of which hamper commuting cyclist.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-16, 10:45 PM   #60
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
All of which hamper commuting cyclist.
Never thought of it that way, but yes, I do find it easier to ride on traffic calmed streets while pulling a trailer of dirty laundry to the laundrymat.

If, perhaps, you meant hamper as in hinder, well I just don't buy it. Safer, calmer, well planned streets can work for everyone. Traffic calmed streets are safer, more convenient, and less stressful to walk and bike on and across. I ride on several traffic calmed streets in Cambridge with these features and find them to be fine streets to ride on - far better than riding down Mass Ave even with its bike lanes. To be fair, these traffic calmed streets are in residential neighborhoods with high population densities and large numbers of people walking and biking along the street but also crossing the street and where quite frankly, 20 is plenty, and most people in cars travel slower.

The good news, if you live in Massachusetts, is that you have the right to not only ride on any street (less limited access highways - pretty much limited to interstates in Mass) but you can opt out of whatever bike infrastructure has been provided and ride in the middle of the travel lane. Personally, I prefer not to play in the fast lane with autos. YMMV
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 08:01 AM   #61
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 16,964
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
now you see it - now you don't ... about 2 weeks ago, my town appeared to paint a new bike lane all through town. it made some weird turns and was in the door zone on main st. yesterday I noticed all that was gone. Wifey says it was a decal or something and now we have to vote on it or something like that ... interesting approach, huh?
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 02:17 AM   #62
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrunn6 View Post
now you see it - now you don't ... about 2 weeks ago, my town appeared to paint a new bike lane all through town. it made some weird turns and was in the door zone on main st. yesterday I noticed all that was gone. Wifey says it was a decal or something and now we have to vote on it or something like that ... interesting approach, huh?
Temporary lane marking sticky tape.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 02:19 AM   #63
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgear View Post
Never thought of it that way, but yes, I do find it easier to ride on traffic calmed streets while pulling a trailer of dirty laundry to the laundrymat.

If, perhaps, you meant hamper as in hinder, well I just don't buy it. Safer, calmer, well planned streets can work for everyone. Traffic calmed streets are safer, more convenient, and less stressful to walk and bike on and across. I ride on several traffic calmed streets in Cambridge with these features and find them to be fine streets to ride on - far better than riding down Mass Ave even with its bike lanes. To be fair, these traffic calmed streets are in residential neighborhoods with high population densities and large numbers of people walking and biking along the street but also crossing the street and where quite frankly, 20 is plenty, and most people in cars travel slower.

The good news, if you live in Massachusetts, is that you have the right to not only ride on any street (less limited access highways - pretty much limited to interstates in Mass) but you can opt out of whatever bike infrastructure has been provided and ride in the middle of the travel lane. Personally, I prefer not to play in the fast lane with autos. YMMV
A would love to see you average 20 miles an hour on that design. Bet you have lots of stop signs as well.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 07:00 AM   #64
mr_bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
A would love to see you average 20 miles an hour on that design. Bet you have lots of stop signs as well.
Stop signs are the sign of truly lazy traffic calming.

You really need to get out more! Experience places where you might learn something.

Nah. You live in "paradise...." Just complaining about places you don't know is too easy (and lazy), right?

How are you doing repealing your traffic laws?

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-13-16 at 07:37 AM.
mr_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 08:22 PM   #65
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bill View Post
Stop signs are the sign of truly lazy traffic calming.

You really need to get out more! Experience places where you might learn something.

Nah. You live in "paradise...." Just complaining about places you don't know is too easy (and lazy), right?

How are you doing repealing your traffic laws?

-mr. bill
So you have no real point with your post.

All of the calming items listed in the post I responded to, also slow commuting cyclist below previous speeds, plus they rarely allow the removal of stop signs along the route.

A real solution would calm the motorist without slowing cyclist further and would result in removing at least half of the stop signs. You should not be so lazy and think of better solutions rather than trumpeting ones just because they make you feel wanted.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 11:52 PM   #66
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
So you have no real point with your post.

All of the calming items listed in the post I responded to, also slow commuting cyclist below previous speeds, plus they rarely allow the removal of stop signs along the route.

A real solution would calm the motorist without slowing cyclist further and would result in removing at least half of the stop signs. You should not be so lazy and think of better solutions rather than trumpeting ones just because they make you feel wanted.
Well Mr Commuting Cyclist, I see very few people who ride bikes to commute in the Boston area who ride at 20mph. Those few that do appear to be going to or coming off a club ride. Most people who commute by bike in Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, and Brookline (the metro core) do so in work clothes or casual clothes - admittedly with the hot humid summer weather we are having at the moment far more are switching to shorts and tees for both sides of the commute.

Stop signs on my typical calmed street route? Not so many. Not so many traffic signals either. Far more signed and signaled routes are available if you prefer.

Calm streets result in far more people biking not only to work but to school, not just college, but also k-12 with frequently parents are pulling the younger kids on trailers and cargo bikes but also to restaurants, events and so much more. As more streets become calmed more people are riding; as bike infra, especially separated lanes and greenways get built (or have missing segments filled in) ever more and more people are biking. But then again, they don't generally wear lycra and don't average 20mph while riding, so perhaps they don't really count as cyclists, 'cause, you know, they just aren't really like you.

Perhaps in the land of the untamed street, there really is just one commuting cyclist and that's why you use the singular. If that's true, you have my sympathies. In Cambridge, Mass, only slightly more - averaging just 1489 cyclists per day on Broadway, even with the never ending Longfellow Bridge reconstruction making the ride into Boston a bit of an unpleasant chore and Beacon Street in Somerville, where it connects to via Hampshire St, completely torn up. http://eco-public.com/public2/?id=100023038 Once the Longfellow is finished, these numbers are expected to soar.
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 11:17 AM   #67
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgear View Post
Well Mr Commuting Cyclist, I see very few people who ride bikes to commute in the Boston area who ride at 20mph. Those few that do appear to be going to or coming off a club ride. Most people who commute by bike in Cambridge, Boston, Somerville, and Brookline (the metro core) do so in work clothes or casual clothes - admittedly with the hot humid summer weather we are having at the moment far more are switching to shorts and tees for both sides of the commute.

Stop signs on my typical calmed street route? Not so many. Not so many traffic signals either. Far more signed and signaled routes are available if you prefer.

Calm streets result in far more people biking not only to work but to school, not just college, but also k-12 with frequently parents are pulling the younger kids on trailers and cargo bikes but also to restaurants, events and so much more. As more streets become calmed more people are riding; as bike infra, especially separated lanes and greenways get built (or have missing segments filled in) ever more and more people are biking. But then again, they don't generally wear lycra and don't average 20mph while riding, so perhaps they don't really count as cyclists, 'cause, you know, they just aren't really like you.

Perhaps in the land of the untamed street, there really is just one commuting cyclist and that's why you use the singular. If that's true, you have my sympathies. In Cambridge, Mass, only slightly more - averaging just 1489 cyclists per day on Broadway, even with the never ending Longfellow Bridge reconstruction making the ride into Boston a bit of an unpleasant chore and Beacon Street in Somerville, where it connects to via Hampshire St, completely torn up. http://eco-public.com/public2/?id=100023038 Once the Longfellow is finished, these numbers are expected to soar.
Of course you do not have any cyclist averaging 20 MPH; you have traffic calmed them. You are the one being exclusionary of some cyclist because they do not ride like you. Speed bumps, humps, bulb outs and stop signs have that effect.

Well designed bike paths along rivers and such, where stop signs can be avoided work well for everyone. The elimination of stop signs on primary bike routes work best in other areas for everyone with police controlling motorist speed.

Why do you hate long distance commuting cyclist that want to make good time on their commutes?
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 12:48 PM   #68
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Why does anyone need to be traveling at 20mph plus down narrow neighborhood streets? These streets belong to the neighborhoods not the people passing through them. As far as speed humps, raised crossings, or speed tables go, they will likely never be installed in the City of Boston as long as we have the current commissioner of public works - we had a snowy winter a couple years ago, that may have made him commissioner for life. Can't have anything that might slow a snowplow driver and prevent them from piling snow at street corners to force people to walk in the street.

If you want to go fast in Boston or Cambridge, well maybe you need to stick to the arterials and parkways, but then again they can be parking lots, too. Nobody can really go fast on major city streets in Boston and Cambridge during peak commute times; there is simply too much congestion. If you use the bike paths such as the Pierre Lallament bike path through the South West Corridor Park you can only ride at 20mph plus during very early morning or late at night (or very cold winter days), there are just too many people riding to go that fast (400 cyclists per hour per the 2015 City of Boston bike counts.) And yes, that many cyclists even slows a slowpoke like me down.

Neighborhoods experience cut thru traffic that endangers people walking and biking (including those people walking on the sidewalk) and that is why the Cities of Boston, Cambridge and Somerville are trying to calm neighborhood streets. At the very least, it reduces crashes and significantly improves positive outcomes for vulnerable road users - there is a far lower chance of of significant injury or death when traffic is slower.

Police will not pull over vehicles for anything other than the most egregious violations during peak commuting hours. When they do pull someone over they block a lane for 20 minutes and cause even worse traffic backups. They also don't have enough resources to do traffic enforcement during school hours, they are tied up making school zones safe. Those statements came from a neighborhood police captain in Boston during a community meeting.

It's far easier for them to ticket jaywalkers and cyclists for even minor infractions when conducting safe streets or don't block the box operations - they don't cause traffic delays when they pull over cyclists. It's also one of the reasons that safety crackdowns have a tendency to focus on walkers and cyclists.
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 12:53 PM   #69
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 13,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgear View Post
If you use the bike paths such as the Pierre Lallament bike path through the South West Corridor Park you can only ride at 20mph plus during very early morning or late at night (or very cold winter days), there are just too many people riding to go that fast (400 cyclists per hour per the 2015 City of Boston bike counts.) And yes, that many cyclists even slows a slowpoke like me down.
So the bike paths you are so proud of, are poorly designed for the needs of your cyclist.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 01:17 PM   #70
CliffordK
Senior Member
 
CliffordK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Eugene, Oregon, USA
Bikes:
Posts: 13,965
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
Well, maybe GCN will have to change from the top 9 to the top 10!!!

CliffordK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 02:58 PM   #71
mr_bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
So the bike paths you are so proud of, are poorly designed for the needs of your cyclist.
They are quite well designed for a cyclist. Just as our motorways are quite well designed for a motorist.

Really, you are complaining that people on bikes are in your way? I've certainly heard that complaint before, but....

Helpful hint - people on bikes are often travelling quite a bit faster than people in cars. Even if they are all going *gasp* less than 20 mph.

(There have been several friendly competitions around here getting across the city at rush hour. People on bicycles finish in the first wave. People *running* (we have the whole Boston Marathon thing, plus an app that is developed here, to prompt some really good runners out for the friendly) finish in the second wave. People on public transit (trolley or subway) finish in the third wave. People in cars, oh well....)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-14-16 at 03:08 PM.
mr_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:16 PM   #72
mr_bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
BTW, this is currently a 30 mph road. I could easily exceed that on a bike or a car. But I won't. (No speed bumps, no speed humps, no chicanes, no raised crosswalks, just *one* stop sign at the end of the road.)

I doubt anyone* would.



-mr. bill

-----
*Lucas maybe? Or a "real commuting cyclist"?

Last edited by mr_bill; 08-14-16 at 05:24 PM.
mr_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:20 PM   #73
randomgear
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: beantown
Bikes: '89 Specialized Hardrock Fixed Gear Commuter; 1984? Dawes Atlantis
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
the Rush hour race
From 2015: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...vRL/story.html

From 2016: http://www.metro.us/boston/rush-hour...mex4I9Wu2hYEs/

Am I proud of a bike path that get 400 riders per hour? You better believe it! And while I might not be able to ride as fast as I may like some of the time, I'm just as likely to be riding along with a friend and having a good conversation on my way in. How could I possibly beat that.
randomgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 11:25 AM   #74
mr_bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Bikes:
Posts: 1,883
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mconlonx View Post
Even worse... I now live in Maine, or as my embarrassment of a Governor calls it, "Northern Massachusetts."
I am so sorry.


-mr. bill
mr_bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-16, 11:42 AM   #75
mconlonx 
hyper-verbal
 
mconlonx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 7,504
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bill View Post
*sob*
__________________
I know next to nothing. I am frequently wrong.
mconlonx is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    get answers from real people!
Click to start entering your question.
I HAVE A QUESTION