Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-17, 04:56 PM   #51
nycphotography
NYC
 
nycphotography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 2,637
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Compared to a Goldman-Sachs mortgage speculator who puts grandma on the street and now gets rewarded with a Cabinet-level position?
If true, I'd say execute him too. However, there are many unspoken and unproven assumptions that your statement that would have to be resolved first, and I suspect they are rooted much more in your political wishful thinking than in actual objectively provable criminal acts and intents.

Just because someone worked for the evil empire (GS) doesn't automatically mean they personally put grandma on the street, any more than the janitors on the death star personally killed Alderaan.
nycphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 05:23 PM   #52
wgscott
Senior Member
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Bikes: 2014 Caletti Adventure Road | 1987 Bianchi Super Leggara with Athena-11 group
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
(Deleted. We shoudn't be having this inane discussion here.)

Last edited by wgscott; 01-26-17 at 08:30 PM.
wgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 07:49 PM   #53
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 12,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Compared to a Goldman-Sachs mortgage speculator who puts grandma on the street and now gets rewarded with a Cabinet-level position?
Spouting the main stream media false news again.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 07:56 PM   #54
wgscott
Senior Member
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Bikes: 2014 Caletti Adventure Road | 1987 Bianchi Super Leggara with Athena-11 group
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
(Deleted. We shoudn't be having this inane discussion here.)

Last edited by wgscott; 01-26-17 at 07:59 PM.
wgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:14 PM   #55
nycphotography
NYC
 
nycphotography's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 2,637
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 435 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Well, his alternative facts are that he did not run a 'foreclosure machine,' so I guess you are technically right.

Trump's Treasury nominee Steven Mnuchin denies he ran 'foreclosure machine'
It seems your alternative facts are that mortgages that are delinquent are mandatory charity and should be carried at a loss forever.

If it is my job to foreclose houses, then I should do it as efficiently and expediently as possible.

If grandma doesn't want to be foreclosed, then grandma needs to not borrow money she can't afford to repay.

I know that is harsh, but really, that is how the world has to work (at least if you still want anyone to be willing to loan YOU or YOUR FAMILY money when you need to buy a house).
nycphotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:18 PM   #56
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 12,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
(Deleted. We shoudn't be having this inane discussion here.)
Then do not spout fake news.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/01/23...ing-fake-news/
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:19 PM   #57
wgscott
Senior Member
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Bikes: 2014 Caletti Adventure Road | 1987 Bianchi Super Leggara with Athena-11 group
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Yawn

(Deleted. We shoudn't be having this inane discussion here.)

Last edited by wgscott; 01-26-17 at 08:39 PM.
wgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:24 PM   #58
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 12,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI
Then do not post anything I disagree with, or cannot see through my ideological blinders, or I will have a hysterical off-topic tantrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
OK. Got it.
So you go from fake news to falsely quoting another BF member.

Major violation of the guidelines by you.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:27 PM   #59
wgscott
Senior Member
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Bikes: 2014 Caletti Adventure Road | 1987 Bianchi Super Leggara with Athena-11 group
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
I just ran it through google translate.

How about returning to the original topic?
wgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:32 PM   #60
CB HI
Cycle Year Round
 
CB HI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Bikes:
Posts: 12,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
I just ran it through google translate.

How about returning to the original topic?
Yet is was you that went off topic and continues.
__________________
Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.
CB HI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:32 PM   #61
wgscott
Senior Member
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Bikes: 2014 Caletti Adventure Road | 1987 Bianchi Super Leggara with Athena-11 group
Posts: 872
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
Yet is was you that went off topic and continues.
I've deleted what I can.

Will you do the same?
wgscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 08:39 PM   #62
Milton Keynes
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Milton Keynes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Bikes:
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Yes, it's getting a little too political in here. Can't we all just agree that all politicians suck?

Milton Keynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 09:31 PM   #63
StanSeven
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Delaware shore
Bikes: Cervelo C3, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX
Posts: 12,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
CB Hi and wgscott,

Good closure so far. Thanks for taking care of this yourselves and getting back to topic.

Stan
StanSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 PM.