Let's all start with a given: that everyone is likely to move out of the bike lane for things such as debris, potholes, road kill, grates, logging trucks, zombies, monsters and bogey men, etc. In this picture there are none of those things. The bike lane is clean and clear and there is no parking.
Examine the photo. Please note the following:
1. There is no parking on either side of the road.
2. There are no intersections on the East bound side.
3. There are many intersections on the West bound side.
4. There is a double-yellow line motorists may not cross legally.
5. East bound riders DO have the option of taking the freeway instead. You can't see the freeway here very well, but it is Highway 101 near Summerland, has a very wide shoulder that is full of debris, but is the actual designated bike route for this area.
6. West bound riders do not have the option of taking the freeway.
7. The road is fairly busy.
8. I don't know the speed limit, but it's probably 35 or 45.
Ok, the questions:
A) For those folks who do NOT identify as VCers (whatever that means to you), you are traveling West bound. Where do you ride?
B) For those folks who DO identify as VCers (whatever that means to you), you are traveling East bound. Where do you ride?