Here's my theory. If the powers that be demanded drivers be trained similarly to pilots then we would have fewer drivers out there, and the ones that remain will be the good ones.
Get get a Private Pilot's License you must:
1. Trial Instructional Flight for about 30 minutes(drive in the parking lot just for fun)
2. Pass medical checks every 2 years
3. After approx. 20 hours of training do your first Solo in the parking lot.
4. Cross country training
5. 40 hours minimum flight time for Private Pilot's Lisence. 70 to 80 in most cases.
6. Pass various other written and fiyling tests.
Once you get a basic Private Pilot's Lisence you can then go on to get instrument rating(flying through hurricanes), multi engine rating, aerobatics(trick and stuff), etc.
What do you guys think?