Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

View Poll Results: Helmet wearing habits?
I've never worn a bike helmet 178 10.66%
I used to wear a helmet, but have stopped 94 5.63%
I've always worn a helmet 648 38.80%
I didn't wear a helmet, but now do 408 24.43%
I sometimes wear a helmet depending on the conditions 342 20.48%
Voters: 1670. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-13, 10:19 AM   #4976
rekmeyata
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 7,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets View Post
Yep, locks are a *****, too, if only we hanged thieves...

With helmets it's the awkward bulk, not the weight, IMO.
I agree about the hanging! We use to hang horse thieves, but today auto, motorcycle, and bicycle thieves are allowed to steal and get their hand slapped if caught.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 04-06-13, 05:44 PM   #4977
sbao26975
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Bikes:
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking at this helmet:
http://www.lazersport.com/index.php?...mid=17&lang=en[1]
Past years the sizing has been different (M/L size as opposed to M and L sizes) so I'm wondering how it would fit. I found a M for a great price and my head is just a little bigger than 56cm around and Lazer says an M is 54-56cm. Anyone own this helmet and have sizing advice?
Thanks!
sbao26975 is offline  
Old 04-06-13, 06:17 PM   #4978
elcruxio
Senior Member
 
elcruxio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Turku, Finland, Europe
Bikes: 2011 Specialized crux comp, 2013 Specialized Rockhopper Pro
Posts: 1,420
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
The problem is that you have to lug the helmet around everywhere. It's not heavy, but it's big as a hot dang! I can't hang the helmet on my bag, won't carry it on my hand because it looks dorky and just leaving a 40 buck helmet somewhere for anyone to steal... I would have to buy a new one every other day.

And, what about my hair when it grows back again! The paraller stripes of death! Woe is me should I look like the singer of prodigy the whole day just because of a helmet.
elcruxio is offline  
Old 04-06-13, 08:43 PM   #4979
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HELMET or NOT ?



Schwinn Thrasher Adult Bike Helmet:•
•Dial-fit adjustment system for added comfort
•20 flow vents
•Integrated LED safety light
•Snap-on visor for protection
•Tapeless technology adds unique styling
•Strap adjusters
•ASTM approved
•Color: Black


Wear a Helmet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helmet.jpg (10.2 KB, 3 views)
xoxoxoxoLive is offline  
Old 04-06-13, 09:36 PM   #4980
Six jours
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 6,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
Wear a Helmet
Mostly I thought my sociology classes were a waste of time, but the concepts of "social conformity" and "groupthink" are strongly represented by the helmeteers.
Six jours is offline  
Old 04-06-13, 10:25 PM   #4981
rekmeyata
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 7,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbao26975 View Post
Looking at this helmet:
http://www.lazersport.com/index.php?...mid=17&lang=en[1]
Past years the sizing has been different (M/L size as opposed to M and L sizes) so I'm wondering how it would fit. I found a M for a great price and my head is just a little bigger than 56cm around and Lazer says an M is 54-56cm. Anyone own this helmet and have sizing advice?
Thanks!
I own a Lazer Magna XC Timeless which is no longer made. It's an XL size which doesn't tell me anything because there is no cm size listed in the helmet. If your head is a 56 I would go with a medium rated for 56 to 58 or 55 to 57. If you get one that is just a tad larger then you have room inside for a head cap on cold rides. But if you get it too big it may flop around especially from side to side because you can adjust the front to rear but not the side to side.

Added note. I got the Lazer because I couldn't find a helmet that would fit my head right and that was the only one that would. I do not think the quality of that helmet was as good as my previous Louis Garneau helmet. That may be due the way industry does things these days or it could be the brand. But the Garneau lasted 7 years before I started to get flecks of styrofoam on my head after riding but the fabric covered foam was still good, this Lazer is only a 2 years old and the fabric is just starting to peel off the foam padding. I will probably not buy another Lazer IF I can find another brand that will fit my head.

Last edited by rekmeyata; 04-06-13 at 10:31 PM.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 04:02 AM   #4982
sudo bike
Bicikli Huszár
 
sudo bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Bikes: '95 Novara Randonee
Posts: 2,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like how the goalposts have shifted from "There's no reason not to wear a helmet" to "Your reasons for not wearing a helmet are invalid".
sudo bike is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 06:37 AM   #4983
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six jours View Post
Mostly I thought my sociology classes were a waste of time, but the concepts of "social conformity" and "groupthink" are strongly represented by the helmeteers.
There was a reason behind my post, (my father was killed in a motorcycle wreck when I was 3 years old) I myself became an avid motorcyclist for some twenty years. AND NEVER WORE A HELMET unless the law forced me to. After a 54.5 mph down hill run on a bicycle, (which was posted here on bike forums) I started wearing a helmet, NOT because of social conformity or group think philosophy, but because all I could think about when going down that hill was, my head slamming into the road. So I started wearing one from that day on, my nephew who is living with me, has had 3 brain operations since he was 5 years old. (now 24), I helped get him started in cycling. His "FATHER" asked me to try and get him to wear a helmet. So then, and only then did I express my concern for him in regards to WEARING A HELMET , not because of me pushing my brained washed self, (from conformity thinking) I could NOT really give a rats A$$ what you or anyone else thinks about me. The reason for my helmet post was, ( HE CRASHED LAST WEEK COMMUTING TO WORK ) hit head first into a telephone pole, & trashed my Marin bike. They believe he only suffered major bruising ALL over his body, but that the HELMET "saved" his life. Since it was one of the first things to hit the pole. Now if that makes me a conformist thinker, or just smarter than you, SO BE IT !
xoxoxoxoLive is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 06:41 AM   #4984
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six jours View Post
Mostly I thought my sociology classes were a waste of time, but the concepts of "social conformity" and "groupthink" are strongly represented by the helmeteers.
When I feel the need to wear spandex when riding my bike, then we can talk about social conformity.
xoxoxoxoLive is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 07:00 AM   #4985
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post


Schwinn Thrasher Adult Bike Helmet:•
•Dial-fit adjustment system for added comfort
•20 flow vents
•Integrated LED safety light
•Snap-on visor for protection
•Tapeless technology adds unique styling
•Strap adjusters
•ASTM approved
•Color: Black


Wear a Helmet
Save a life, (IT MIGHT BE YOUR OWN) wear a helmet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0632.jpg (93.6 KB, 5 views)
xoxoxoxoLive is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 07:39 AM   #4986
tamaramc
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My grandfather was 70 years old when he was killed in a car-on-bike accident 35 years ago. No helmet. My father was 68 years old when he blacked out during a 10-mile commute and woke up in the hospital 8 hours later with a major concussion and several broken bones. Helmet. They are/were both experienced, safe riders.

I have no way of knowing if the helmet (or lack thereof) was a key factor in either of these scenarios. But with this knowledge, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I have a responsibility to my family to be as safe as I can. So I bought the least dorky one I could find when I started riding again recently, and I'm just going to have to get used to it.
tamaramc is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 07:46 AM   #4987
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaramc View Post
My grandfather was 70 years old when he was killed in a car-on-bike accident 35 years ago. No helmet. My father was 68 years old when he blacked out during a 10-mile commute and woke up in the hospital 8 hours later with a major concussion and several broken bones. Helmet. They are/were both experienced, safe riders.

I have no way of knowing if the helmet (or lack thereof) was a key factor in either of these scenarios. But with this knowledge, I'd rather err on the side of caution. I have a responsibility to my family to be as safe as I can. So I bought the least dorky one I could find when I started riding again recently, and I'm just going to have to get used to it.
LMAO ! Classic Post : (So I bought the least dorky one I could find) cool post & welcome to the forum..
xoxoxoxoLive is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 10:31 AM   #4988
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Bikes: 7
Posts: 20,411
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Moving closer into town center, soon. walking vs getting out the bike at all, will be a decision, then.
fietsbob is online now  
Old 04-07-13, 11:02 AM   #4989
Six jours
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 6,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The term "groupthink" is especially appropriate here, xoxo, because it appears that you've accepted the "group" opinion without critically evaluating it. You should take a hard look at the manufacturer's estimates of the abilities of their helmets. They aren't designed for 54.5 MPH crashes, or head-first impacts with immovable objects, and wearing them in the hope of preventing death in those situations is little better than carrying a bible in them.

That's not, of course, saying that you are wrong to wear a helmet, for whatever reason. It's just that "Wear a helmet!!!" is just as tiresome as "Read the bible!!!" - and for the same reasons.
Six jours is offline  
Old 04-07-13, 04:02 PM   #4990
curbtender
Senior Member
 
curbtender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SF Bay Area, East bay
Bikes: Marinoni, Kestral 200 2002 Trek 5200, KHS Flite, Koga Miyata, Schwinn Spitfire 5, Schwinn Speedster, Mondia Special, Univega Alpina
Posts: 3,907
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
That's true, reading the bible is only the guide for life. How you wear a helmet (or not) is how you live it. We all learn what works best for us through experience and it's always helpful to see how others do it. Just because it's mentioned here is not a fact set in stone, only the experience of what others have had.
curbtender is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 07:16 AM   #4991
rydabent
Senior Member
 
rydabent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln Ne
Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
Posts: 5,753
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
I dont conform to "group think" at all. I dont wear spandex because it is not necessary on a recumbent. My cadence is what speed I feel comfortable maintaining. I wear a helmet because it is logical.
rydabent is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 09:26 AM   #4992
rekmeyata
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 7,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydabent View Post
I dont conform to "group think" at all. I dont wear spandex because it is not necessary on a recumbent. My cadence is what speed I feel comfortable maintaining. I wear a helmet because it is logical.
Logical? I'm not familiar with the meaning of that word, it seems to be lost in today's world!
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 09:55 AM   #4993
MMACH 5
Cycle Dallas
 
MMACH 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Gar, TX
Bikes: Lucinda--2010 Jamis Aurora Elite & a few others
Posts: 3,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudo bike View Post
I like how the goalposts have shifted from "There's no reason not to wear a helmet" to "Your reasons for not wearing a helmet are invalid".
Right. And the bare head brigade never shifts the goalposts...

"I've never hit my head in a fall, so I don't need a helmet."
"You should learn to ride better so you won't crash."
"Your money is better spent on a class on how to fall better, than on a helmet."
"A helmet has never been proven to protect you."
"Your helmet actually puts you in more danger."
"The anecdotal tales of how your helmet saved you from injury is invalid, but my anecdotal tales of how many times I've fallen and survived without a helmet is perfectly valid."
"Any studies you post that might say anything positive about helmets were clearly done by a bias group of helmeteers, but the studies I've dug up that say helmets are worthless were performed by open-minded, fact-finding scientists."
"I may insult every person who posts an opposing view, but I don't really care if they wear a helmet."
"Wear a helmet if you want, but just don't make it a law. Yea, what I really care about is the liberty of being able to choose for myself. I know not a single person in this thread has posted any support for a mandatory helmet law, but if anyone thinks any of my previously listed reasons are invalid, then they must be posting in here because they have a secret MHL agenda."
MMACH 5 is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 10:50 AM   #4994
350htrr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada, PG BC
Bikes: 27 speed oryx with over 38,000Km on it, 10,000Km with a BionX assist on it
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMACH 5 View Post
Right. And the bare head brigade never shifts the goalposts...

"I've never hit my head in a fall, so I don't need a helmet."
"You should learn to ride better so you won't crash."
"Your money is better spent on a class on how to fall better, than on a helmet."
"A helmet has never been proven to protect you."
"Your helmet actually puts you in more danger."
"The anecdotal tales of how your helmet saved you from injury is invalid, but my anecdotal tales of how many times I've fallen and survived without a helmet is perfectly valid."
"Any studies you post that might say anything positive about helmets were clearly done by a bias group of helmeteers, but the studies I've dug up that say helmets are worthless were performed by open-minded, fact-finding scientists."
"I may insult every person who posts an opposing view, but I don't really care if they wear a helmet."
"Wear a helmet if you want, but just don't make it a law. Yea, what I really care about is the liberty of being able to choose for myself. I know not a single person in this thread has posted any support for a mandatory helmet law, but if anyone thinks any of my previously listed reasons are invalid, then they must be posting in here because they have a secret MHL agenda."
Oh, Oh. Now youvs done it, Questioned almost everything the anti-helmet guys are saying. In one post... EDIT; Good job by the way...

Last edited by 350htrr; 04-09-13 at 10:58 AM.
350htrr is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 12:30 PM   #4995
rekmeyata
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 7,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMACH 5 View Post
Right. And the bare head brigade never shifts the goalposts...

"I've never hit my head in a fall, so I don't need a helmet."
"You should learn to ride better so you won't crash."
"Your money is better spent on a class on how to fall better, than on a helmet."
"A helmet has never been proven to protect you."
"Your helmet actually puts you in more danger."
"The anecdotal tales of how your helmet saved you from injury is invalid, but my anecdotal tales of how many times I've fallen and survived without a helmet is perfectly valid."
"Any studies you post that might say anything positive about helmets were clearly done by a bias group of helmeteers, but the studies I've dug up that say helmets are worthless were performed by open-minded, fact-finding scientists."
"I may insult every person who posts an opposing view, but I don't really care if they wear a helmet."
"Wear a helmet if you want, but just don't make it a law. Yea, what I really care about is the liberty of being able to choose for myself. I know not a single person in this thread has posted any support for a mandatory helmet law, but if anyone thinks any of my previously listed reasons are invalid, then they must be posting in here because they have a secret MHL agenda."
That was great. Of course you have the attackers coming at you now for speaking the truth, of course they will twist it to make it sound like a lie...problem is what you said is all over this thread!

I personally I am against a mandatory helmet law, just as much as I'm against the mandatory seat belt law, their both nuts and unneeded laws; but if your going to have a law requiring seat belts, then you might as well have a law requiring helmets. I think everyone should have the right to use or to refuse to use a personal safety device such as seat belts and helmets unless you have a job that requires it.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 03:45 PM   #4996
rydabent
Senior Member
 
rydabent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lincoln Ne
Bikes: RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
Posts: 5,753
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
rekmeyata

That is what is mainly the problem in the world today. Common sense and logic is tossed aside by the people that "know better". Common sense and logic says that an accident can happen any time. That is true no matter how good of a cyclist you think you are. The unexpected accident WILL happen, and it will happen to anyone. That is why I am prepared and wear a helmet.
rydabent is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 04:13 PM   #4997
alhedges
Senior Member
 
alhedges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Naptown
Bikes: NWT 24sp DD; Brompton M6R
Posts: 1,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rekmeyata View Post
I personally I am against a mandatory helmet law, just as much as I'm against the mandatory seat belt law, their both nuts and unneeded laws; but if your going to have a law requiring seat belts, then you might as well have a law requiring helmets. I think everyone should have the right to use or to refuse to use a personal safety device such as seat belts and helmets unless you have a job that requires it.
There is evidence that seat belts save lives. There evidence the motorcycle helmets save lives. There is no evidence that bike helmets save lives, and pretty good evidence that they don't: (Australia, where mandatory helmet laws made no difference despite significant compliance; same in BC; and continental Europe, where not wearing a helmet is the norm and fewer people die on bikes than in the US). All of these points have been repeatedly mentioned in this thread (and the preceding thread), and there is no meaningful response to actual evidence. Just so many anecdotes of helmets "saving lives" that you would think that 10,000 additional bikers would die every year if not for helmets.

But by all means, wear a helmet if it makes you feel better. Groupthink often does.
alhedges is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 04:54 PM   #4998
350htrr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada, PG BC
Bikes: 27 speed oryx with over 38,000Km on it, 10,000Km with a BionX assist on it
Posts: 2,338
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhedges View Post
There is evidence that seat belts save lives. There evidence the motorcycle helmets save lives. There is no evidence that bike helmets save lives, and pretty good evidence that they don't: (Australia, where mandatory helmet laws made no difference despite significant compliance; same in BC; and continental Europe, where not wearing a helmet is the norm and fewer people die on bikes than in the US). All of these points have been repeatedly mentioned in this thread (and the preceding thread), and there is no meaningful response to actual evidence. Just so many anecdotes of helmets "saving lives" that you would think that 10,000 additional bikers would die every year if not for helmets.

But by all means, wear a helmet if it makes you feel better. Groupthink often does.
And maybe they would have... Tho I really think that most people who say, my helmet "saved" my life, really mean saved them from a more serious injury than they actually got. JMO
350htrr is offline  
Old 04-09-13, 11:11 PM   #4999
rekmeyata
Senior Member
 
rekmeyata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 7,904
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alhedges View Post
There is evidence that seat belts save lives. There evidence the motorcycle helmets save lives. There is no evidence that bike helmets save lives, and pretty good evidence that they don't: (Australia, where mandatory helmet laws made no difference despite significant compliance; same in BC; and continental Europe, where not wearing a helmet is the norm and fewer people die on bikes than in the US). All of these points have been repeatedly mentioned in this thread (and the preceding thread), and there is no meaningful response to actual evidence. Just so many anecdotes of helmets "saving lives" that you would think that 10,000 additional bikers would die every year if not for helmets.

But by all means, wear a helmet if it makes you feel better. Groupthink often does.
I'm not going to get into a pointless debate about whether or not helmets work for cyclists, we've seen both sides here and quite frankly...neither side won! So I will continue to wear my helmet.

But, it shouldn't matter if a safety device that has been proven to save lives should be required by law to use. Motorcycle helmets as you have said has been proven to save lives yet only 3 stated in the USA require helmets to be used by law enforcement. Personal safety while driving, or riding a MC, or bicycle should be a personal choice. I chose to wear my seat belt not because the law makes me do it, if the law wasn't there I would still wear my seat belt, it's a safety choice I make for myself. I'm a decent driver, hadn't had a car accident since I was 24 till last year when a drunk ran a stop sign going across a highway. Schit happens, but I chose to wear a seat belt and he chose not to, he died I didn't (though I T-boned him so I doubt wearing a seat belt would have saved him). When I ride my bike I wear a helmet because I chose to.
rekmeyata is offline  
Old 04-10-13, 05:05 PM   #5000
sudo bike
Bicikli Huszár
 
sudo bike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Bikes: '95 Novara Randonee
Posts: 2,116
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMACH 5 View Post
Right. And the bare head brigade never shifts the goalposts...
*phew*... luckily for me I didn't say otherwise, eh?

Shall we play the "find that fallacy" game...?

(btw, while what you pointed out are fair examples of hypocrisy, that isn't what "shifting goalposts" means.)

Last edited by sudo bike; 04-10-13 at 05:11 PM.
sudo bike is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 PM.