Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    North Attleboro, MA
    My Bikes
    2011 Steamroller; 1998 Cannondale F-400; 1981 Motobecane Jubilee Sport
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith99 View Post
    When I was a kid most of us had bikes with 2 or 3 speed hubs where a slight backpedal changed gears and a harder backpedal braked. Most of those bikes had no hand brake for the front.

    Drop or break a chain and no brakes.

    I never recall that happening, but it is something to consider.
    That's a really common argument among the pro-brake(s) fixed gear crowd, since if the chain breaks while counter spinning your pedals on a fixed gear and you don't at least one brake, there are only two ways to stop.

    1.) Fred Flinstone style.
    2.) Wait until you land/stop rolling across the asphalt, pick yourself off, check for injuries, check for bike damage.
    2011 Surly Steamroller; 1998 Cannondale F-400; 1981 Motobecane Jubilee Sport
    Car free since 1998. Big Oil hates me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye, The Science Guy
    Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There's something wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym.

  2. #27
    DPN
    DPN is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    230
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was a kid in the mid to late 60s my early bikes had coaster brakes and one speed. I recall on 2 different occasions when the chain came off the chainring, resulting in NO brakes, and both times going down a hill that ended in a cul de sac. Wiped out both times!

    However, with HAND operated brakes I have always been able to stop. I did have a cable break, but I was still able to stop.

    DPN

    Quote Originally Posted by Keith99 View Post
    When I was a kid most of us had bikes with 2 or 3 speed hubs where a slight backpedal changed gears and a harder backpedal braked. Most of those bikes had no hand brake for the front.

    Drop or break a chain and no brakes.

    I never recall that happening, but it is something to consider.

  3. #28
    Senior Member PJCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Northampton, MA
    My Bikes
    198? Sport Racing Frame of unknown origins, 1992 Marin Bear Valley, 1970 Raleigh Sport
    Posts
    420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that you've brought this up. I used to ride downhill and singletrack/crosscountry MTBing, and not once did I worry about brake failure. Now that I ride as a commuter/utilitarian/recreational road cyclist, I am always nervous when going down a hill that something will cause the bike to seize and I'll be flung off the bike. I think its just my paranoia, and the fact that my invincible years are coming to an end, but it was an interesting realization. Brakes were definitely important while racing down mountains and launching myself off cliffs, something about the pavement makes me feel like it would hurt more to land there...
    Life Goal: keep riding.
    I prefer emails over PMs: p.j.c.brackett@gmail.com

  4. #29
    Senior Member rekmeyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamingAlong View Post
    .

    On a long descent with a bike equiped with rim brakes, it is possible to overheat the rim and cause a high speed tire blowout, which at high speed this could be deadly, especially if it's the front wheel.
    I don't care what book covered it it's not entirely correct. I use to live and ride and race in the mountains of S Calif and even on hot days were temps exceeded 100 degrees never blew a tire braking. Tubulars have been known to blow due to overheating either because the latex tube couldn't handle the heat or the glue became overheated and became useless, and CF rims have been known to delaminate from heat build up, but clincher tires with butyl tubes on aluminum rims will not suffer from that, and if one were to suffer from that it would be one of those lightening bolt strikes occasions...a rare and unusual event.

    Regardless the whole thing about tires blowing is completely unrelated to brakes stopping a bike.

  5. #30
    Senior Member rekmeyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PJCB View Post
    something about the pavement makes me feel like it would hurt more to land there...
    I would think crashing into boulders, rocks, cliffs, side of mountains, etc would be worse then landing on pavement, but that's just me.

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is important to maintenance your bike to make sure everything works correctly, especially if you regularly cycle fast. As for breaks, I trust my V-brakes. When I need to brake, I usually do so smoothly and from a distance which gives me plenty of time to maneuver out of the way if they would not work for some reason. Though truth be told, I did get into the bad habit of using my back brake later, at higher speed and more aggressively, making my bike slide a little. I should probably stop doing that, people just think I'm a jackass for doing it, though it is just childish playfulness.

  7. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,069
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamingAlong View Post
    I haven't heard of a brake failure due to defect, however there is one issue I haven't seen mentioned yet.

    On a long descent with a bike equiped with rim brakes, it is possible to overheat the rim and cause a high speed tire blowout, which at high speed this could be deadly, especially if it's the front wheel.


    It's one of the topics covered in the book "Bicycle Science".
    The pressure rise in a tire mounted on a rim subject to heavy, continued braking will be no more than about 20%, which any normal tire is supposed to take. The official test overpressure is 50%. The paper giving the temperature rise is in my website johnforester.com, under Articles/Bicycle Engineering/safe brakes that burn up. The 20% pressure rise is calculated from the less than 120F temperature rise under the worst case.

  8. #33
    vol
    vol is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,476
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the report of a recent tragic accident.

    "A teenage cyclist was killed after the brakes on the kit bike he had built from scratch apparently failed as he rode down a hillside with his father and sister, sending him speeding towards a busy A-road where he collided with a van."

    The victim's father blamed the bike shop's work on the brakes hours before the accident.

  9. #34
    Warning:Annoying to jerks RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    5,718
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vol View Post
    Here is the report of a recent tragic accident.

    "A teenage cyclist was killed after the brakes on the kit bike he had built from scratch apparently failed as he rode down a hillside with his father and sister, sending him speeding towards a busy A-road where he collided with a van."

    The victim's father blamed the bike shop's work on the brakes hours before the accident.
    so it took you over 10 months to find 1 instance to bring up and bring this thread back?
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”


    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

  10. #35
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raleighsport View Post
    so it took you over 10 months to find 1 instance to bring up and bring this thread back?
    So what
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  11. #36
    Warning:Annoying to jerks RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    5,718
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
    So what
    Doesn't that play against his overall concern about the frequency of which it happens?
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”


    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

  12. #37
    Powerful-Ugly Creature Greyryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson249 View Post
    A trend round here among young boys is to remove the brakes from their BMX bikes.
    That's been going on in freestyle, since the mid 90s. It's become so common, that not only are most forks no longer made with brake lugs, but a lot frames are being built without them, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton
    When some wild eyed eight foot tall maniac grabs you by the throat and taps the back of your favorite head head against the barroom wall, and he looks crooked in the eye, and he ask you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

  13. #38
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaleighSport View Post
    Doesn't that play against his overall concern about the frequency of which it happens?
    She asked a valid question. Got responses. Then she found a case that adds to the thread. Then you act like she has been doing an unending search all this time. Your response to her seems off base to me. The number of news articles is not a got indicator.

    Does it really seem, based on news articles, that there are 30,000+ motor vehicle deaths in the USA each year. I certainly have not read 100 such articles each and every day.
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  14. #39
    Warning:Annoying to jerks RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    5,718
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
    She asked a valid question. Got responses. Then she found a case that adds to the thread. Then you act like she has been doing an unending search all this time. Your response to her seems off base to me. The number of news articles is not a got indicator.

    Does it really seem, based on news articles, that there are 30,000+ motor vehicle deaths in the USA each year. I certainly have not read 100 such articles each and every day.
    It was a valid question and she got a ton of informative feed back (I'm going to assume you know the OP is a female for fact). I never claimed she unendingly researched, but I'd be willing to bet if she saw others she'd have posted them here, despite my gruffness earlier my actual concern is the OP is over worrying something and judging by their feelings on the subject, I would assume their brakes are flawlessly tuned up at all times, clean rims etc (If rim brakes), so there's probably no need at all for them to be worried.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”


    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

  15. #40
    Señior Member ItsJustMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    My Bikes
    Windsor Fens, Giant Seek 0 (2014, Alfine 8 + discs)
    Posts
    11,524
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd have to know more about that incident. It said he "built the bike up from scratch." What does that mean? Did he grab some crappy brakes off of an old Huffy bike, or did he buy new brakes? What kind of brakes were they? The father said that the bike shop worked on the brakes hours before. Does he KNOW that they worked specifically on the brakes, or did they work on something else? Did they inspect the brakes, and if so, what did they say about them? It's possible they looked at the brakes and told the kid "these brakes suck, you need to fix them" and he said "meh, whatever" and never told his dad. Did he have two sets of brakes, or was this a single speed with coasters, or a fixie with just front brakes?

    We just don't know. Without this information, it doesn't really add much to the discussion.

    Truth is I trust the brakes on my bike at least as much as the brakes on my car, because in 5 seconds I can inspect everything that there is about the brakes that might fail, and if there's the slightest thing wrong I can probably feel it immediately when I'm using the brakes, far before it becomes dangerous. AND there are two completely independent sets of brakes on almost all bikes.
    Last edited by ItsJustMe; 05-25-13 at 02:04 PM.
    Work: the 8 hours that separates bike rides.

  16. #41
    Senior Member LesterOfPuppets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, USA
    My Bikes
    My War
    Posts
    19,507
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The Long Haul Trucker isn't particularly suited to fixed gear but I guess it could have been.

    I'm just glad I've put in many miles on brakeless freewheel bikes so feel fairly confident braking without brakes.
    1980ish Free Spirit Sunbird fixed * 1996 Mongoose IBOC Zero-G * 1997 KHS Comp * 1990-ish Scapin * Lemond Buenos Aires Triple

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    On yer left
    Posts
    1,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What if your car accelerator stuck while going 70 mph? What if your car brakes failed going that fast? What if, what if? Life is too short. Check your equipment before riding and just enjoy the ride.

  18. #43
    Senior Member rekmeyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    5,678
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, the world is full of what if's, I say so what? Don't live your life in fear of the what if's, but live it instead to the fullest.

  19. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle, NY
    My Bikes
    too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
    Posts
    19,947
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bicycles are equipped with 2 independent brakes. this redundancy makes it nearly impossible to have an accident caused brake failure alone. Granted, the failure of one brake can increase the braking distance leading to a possible accident, but even this is unlikely if the rider rides in control.

    The accident described in the UK newspaper happening because of brake failure is unlikely almost to the point of impossibility. It would have requires total failure of not one but both brakes -- such as might happen from shoes falling off, or cables breaking. Either brake alone would have been enough to prevent runaway acceleration even on a super steep hill.

    I'll venture that a forensic examination of the brakes will show them to be functional, and the actual cause to be a form of user error.

    BTW- user error due to panic is far more common that you might think. Both adults and children, on bicycles and in automobiles, often crash simply because they never even tried to apply the brakes.
    FB
    Chain-L site

    An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

    “Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

    “One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

    WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

  20. #45
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
    You'd have to know more about that incident. It said he "built the bike up from scratch." What does that mean? Did he grab some crappy brakes off of an old Huffy bike, or did he buy new brakes? What kind of brakes were they? The father said that the bike shop worked on the brakes hours before. Does he KNOW that they worked specifically on the brakes, or did they work on something else? Did they inspect the brakes, and if so, what did they say about them? It's possible they looked at the brakes and told the kid "these brakes suck, you need to fix them" and he said "meh, whatever" and never told his dad. Did he have two sets of brakes, or was this a single speed with coasters, or a fixie with just front brakes?

    We just don't know. Without this information, it doesn't really add much to the discussion.

    Truth is I trust the brakes on my bike at least as much as the brakes on my car, because in 5 seconds I can inspect everything that there is about the brakes that might fail, and if there's the slightest thing wrong I can probably feel it immediately when I'm using the brakes, far before it becomes dangerous. AND there are two completely independent sets of brakes on almost all bikes.
    Many, maybe most of your questions were answered in the linked article.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8598118.html
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  21. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle, NY
    My Bikes
    too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
    Posts
    19,947
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
    Many, maybe most of your questions were answered in the linked article.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8598118.html
    No, in fact they left more unanswered. Since the child was described as standing on his pedals and screaming, I have towonder of this was a first bike with hand brakes, and in his panic he tried stopping it by foot as he would with a coaster brake.

    As I said earlier, the chances of total failure of both brakes are super remote, so one has to wonder at what else isn't said.
    FB
    Chain-L site

    An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

    “Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

    “One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

    WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

  22. #47
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FBinNY View Post
    No, in fact they left more unanswered. Since the child was described as standing on his pedals and screaming, I have towonder of this was a first bike with hand brakes, and in his panic he tried stopping it by foot as he would with a coaster brake.

    As I said earlier, the chances of total failure of both brakes are super remote, so one has to wonder at what else isn't said.
    Why are you acting like I was talking to you in my post. Trying to set up a straw man?


    Really, you guys cannot read the article to answer some of the questions by ItsJustMe. OK lets go slowly now!

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustMe View Post
    The father said that the bike shop worked on the brakes hours before. Does he KNOW that they worked specifically on the brakes, or did they work on something else? Did they inspect the brakes, and if so, what did they say about them? It's possible they looked at the brakes and told the kid "these brakes suck, you need to fix them" and he said "meh, whatever" and never told his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    his £1,200 Long Haul Trucker bicycle
    Long Haul Trucker = front and rear hand brakes

    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Philip Birkett, who owns the Acceler8 cycle shop in Marlborough, told the hearing that Kadian had come into his store and asked him to look at the gears and the rear brakes, resulting in the decision to replace the rear brake cable. Mr Birkett added: “I stand by my work and everything I did was correct. When that bike left the shop it was in a perfectly safe condition.”
    So as a minimum, the LBS replaced the rear brake cable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Mr Harding, who is the cousin of former Times editor and new BBC head of news James Harding, said the brakes had seemed “much firmer” after the visit to the shop,
    So Dad noted the brakes were tightened up after the LBS visit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    Mr Harding said his son had been excited about having the bike, which he had assembled himself. But he added he had been clear with the teenager that the cycle would have to be checked by a professional before it was cleared for use on the roads.
    So the son assembled the Long Haul Trucker and another LBS checked it out, and cleared it for use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Article
    The family, who had recently returned to Britain from the United States where Kadian’s mother runs a chain of bicycle shops,
    So Mom is in the bicycle business but Mom or Dad cannot fix or adjust brakes?



    Quote Originally Posted by FBinNY View Post
    Since the child was described as standing on his pedals and screaming, I have towonder of this was a first bike with hand brakes, and in his panic he tried stopping it by foot as he would with a coaster brake.
    I missed where ItsJustMe asked that question in the post that I responded to. Can you point to it?
    Last edited by CB HI; 05-25-13 at 08:26 PM.
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  23. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle, NY
    My Bikes
    too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
    Posts
    19,947
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're taking a bunch of buttons and sewing a vest on it. Yes, it was a LHT, and I know it came with 2 hand brakes. Yes, we know the shop replaced one cable, and yes, mom owns or manages some retail bike shops, but the article implies she was still in the USA at the time.

    I didn't imply that I thought your response was directed at me, just that I had similar questions to those raised by Itsjust me.

    What isn't answered is why the child accelerated away form his dad on the descent, why he was standing, whether he was, in fact, applying or trying to apply the brakes, how steep the grade was, the time and distance elements, the child's experience with hand brakes, and so on.

    All we have is a bunch of facts, but nothing that strings them together well enough to form a theory. I don't know what policy is in the UK, but here the police would have impounded the bike, and at some point tested the brakes to see whether they worked or not.
    FB
    Chain-L site

    An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

    “Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

    “One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

    WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

  24. #49
    Cycle Year Round CB HI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    11,420
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FBinNY View Post
    You're taking a bunch of buttons and sewing a vest on it. Yes, it was a LHT, and I know it came with 2 hand brakes. Yes, we know the shop replaced one cable, and yes, mom owns or manages some retail bike shops,
    After reading ItsJustMe's post, do you really thinks that HE understands that?

    Quote Originally Posted by FBinNY View Post
    but the article implies she was still in the USA at the time.
    The article says the family moved back to the UK. Do you not consider Mom part of the family?
    Last edited by CB HI; 05-25-13 at 08:43 PM.
    Land of the Free, Because of the Brave.

  25. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Rochelle, NY
    My Bikes
    too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter
    Posts
    19,947
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
    After reading ItsJustMe's post, do you really thinks that HE understands that?

    The article says the family moved back to the UK. Do you not consider Mom part of the family?
    I do consider Mom to be part of the family, but her presence is never explicitly mentioned, just Dad, son and daughter, so I take that to mean she wasn't with them at the time. Furthermore I credit the writer with knowledge of verb tenses. The family had returned to the UK...where Kadrian's mother runs a chain of bicycle shops. Since mom can't be in two places at the same time I inferred that she was still in the US. If she had been mentioned at all, or if the writer said the family was visiting the UK, I wouldn't have made the same inference.

    As it is, there's no mention either way, and it isn't germane to the issue except that you raised the issue that mom would know how to adjust the brakes, though it is possible to run bike shops and not know anything about bike mechanics.
    FB
    Chain-L site

    An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

    “Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin

    “One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

    WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •