Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Africa (http://www.bikeforums.net/africa/)
-   -   Hey Africa!! I want to see your bikes!! (http://www.bikeforums.net/africa/586883-hey-africa-i-want-see-your-bikes.html)

Siu Blue Wind 09-20-09 09:42 PM

Hey Africa!! I want to see your bikes!!
 
Just going through here and noticed that there's not a whole lot of activity here. Surely you must be riding bikes!! How about posting pictures of them here? :)

Here's a picture of my hardtail, A Kona Caldera.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...ycrow/kona.jpg

Siu Blue Wind 09-20-09 10:37 PM

Nine views and no bikes? I'm sure you somebody rides here besides me!! :cry:

Siu Blue Wind 09-24-09 09:09 AM

*sigh* I guess not.....




edit test

lotek 10-16-09 07:46 AM

1990 Jan de Reus

http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/d/...2/P1010078.jpg

Siu Blue Wind 10-22-09 09:38 AM

pics?

Big_e 10-22-09 11:04 PM

Here's what I ride, only I'm not anywhere in Africa

Schwinn Super LeTour single speed conversion
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...icture1978.jpg

Big_e 10-27-09 12:38 AM

Hello? Echo echo echo echo

Big_e 10-27-09 12:43 AM

Heh! Since nobody else is posting let me get cozy here. This is a new charango I bought me. Charangos are tuned just like a ukulele only while a ukulele is tuned to G-C-E-A, charangos are G-C-E-A-E. They have 5 pair of strings.
Ernest
My charango

Big_e 10-30-09 01:26 AM

Still nobody here? That's good. I couldn't sleep so I thought I'd play my ukulele. Here is my new Lanikai Pineapple ukulele. An entry level instrument but has decent sound. This a song that just about every ukulele noob has to learn first. Plus, I do have an interest in Woody Guthrie. It was actually a protest song which still fits in our day and time. Don't mind my voice, I have a sore throat.
Ernest

Lanikai Pineapple ukulele

Big_e 11-07-09 04:12 AM

This is my little Ohana Sopranino ukulele.
Clicky

wheeldeal 11-07-09 06:14 AM

They ride something else down there.....like these bad boys. Full suspension and can take 6ft drops with their eyes closed.

http://visualstreak.com/wordpress/wp...yena-men-1.jpg
http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-cont...ican_pets4.jpg

Big_e 11-07-09 01:13 PM

Good grief! That doesn't look safe at all!

wheeldeal 11-07-09 01:28 PM

Neither is having tigers & lions as pets....but some rich people have them as pets. I guess if you get a puppy/cub and nurture it, it'll grow up thinking you're part of the pack.

Over by where I am (I grew up 2 blocks from the Marlboro Projects in Brooklyn), if you're a black gangbanger who lives in the projects.....and you happen to own a dog, 90% of the time it's a pitbull, the other 10% is a Rotti.

But the funny thing is that even though these guys are the toughest badasses around, their dogs are the biggest sweethearts. These thugs go everywhere with the dog. These dogs get to see everything - which means socialization 10+ hours a day, every single day. They become sweethearts.

I guess folks in Africa are a little more hardcore.
http://www.lostateminor.com/wp-conte.../hyena_man.jpg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1233935584.jpg

lotek 11-25-09 08:52 AM

holy crap. . .
when I lived in South Africa I never heard of or saw that. One of my favourite stories was a tourist who decided to try to feed a hyena some biltong
from his car window in Kruger Natl. Hyena took the biltong and about 1/4 of the guys arm. . . stupid.

I wouldn't trust one of those as far as I could throw it.

TomM 12-02-09 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeldeal (Post 10000169)

WTF is that?

Siu Blue Wind 12-04-09 10:44 AM

Well whatever it is, the guy looks pretty dang strong. I guess you have to be to keep it under control.

Edit: Properties says hyena. I didn't think they were that big.

lotek 12-08-09 08:32 AM

Spotted Hyena avg about 140 pounds.

Road Rage 04-28-10 10:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I came across this gentleman and his hand powered trikes in Malawi last year:

joewey 04-28-10 08:08 PM

Those animals were scary rides..Lol

lotek 04-30-10 07:00 AM

I have a friend who owns a cabin in the kruger (sabi sands area) and he says that every morning this
one guy goes out on his bike and rides.
they call the rider "Meals on Wheels"

I miss Africa


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:07 AM.