Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Alt Bike Culture (http://www.bikeforums.net/alt-bike-culture/)
-   -   Pics of your "alt bike(s)"? (http://www.bikeforums.net/alt-bike-culture/101803-pics-your-alt-bike-s.html)

d87 09-16-10 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOTA (Post 11456972)
Both bikes (lights) are battery powered.

How have you set that up? is it a vintage casing with led inside?

Sculch 12-20-10 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VT tallbike (Post 10930515)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1667303_n.jpg

Here's my homemade cycle truck. The rack is pretty heavy but its plenty big and carried my 185lb friend around town with no problem. The rack is mounted to the frame so that there's great low speed stability and no wheel flop at all. This thing is a blast, I've just been looking for excuses to haul a lot of stuff since I finished it. Still needs some minor work like a new RD, and a single ring crank for the 1x9 setup.


I had done a frame mounted cargo once a few years back

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...rstbike-01.jpg

It no longer is with us because I replaced with a three wheeled cargo and cut this bike up for parts

Sculch

matt0ne 12-21-10 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wearyourtruth (Post 10507664)
my new rat bike. while not stretched or chopped or any individual piece altered, it was a full frame-up build from the parts bin and i couldn't be happier. it's pretty much dead on what i envisioned.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2749/...f6cefb84_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2713/...ebb4abcc_b.jpg

This is rad! Makes me feel the same way I do when I look at trackbike..

The Craigster 01-18-11 10:43 PM

My roommate and I recently acquired two tall bikes... I'll get some pictures tomorrow (hopefully). Too bad they are already falling apart from too much bunny hopping.

crazzywolfie 01-19-11 12:05 AM

i finally fixed some of the problems that had stopped me from riding my bike. it even rides straight http://lh5.ggpht.com/_u26Z1RDZ_Po/TS...ture%20111.jpg

KOTA 01-19-11 09:38 PM

This bike was posted on page 27, and then re-done and posted on page 33. I was asked to donate a fork for a bike that was getting auctioned off. It had to be a certain style, and the only one I had was on this bike......SO, that fork is gone, and now this bike needed a new one. I put a new pair of apes on and changed the rear rack. I used a spaceliner rack, and another spaceliner rack for the supports on the front. The fork is from a 27 inch Sterling road bike, with a 24 inch quick release rim...The third pic shows a Hawthorne, both frames are the same size. I think I'm "finally" done with this bike.:rolleyes:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...A777/020-4.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...777/006-16.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...777/004-17.jpg

AlmostTrick 01-19-11 09:57 PM

^^^Sweet. I like how the QR is clamped facing forward... suicide style!

Rollfast 01-24-11 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOTA (Post 12102210)
This bike was posted on page 27, and then re-done and posted on page 33. I was asked to donate a fork for a bike that was getting auctioned off. It had to be a certain style, and the only one I had was on this bike......SO, that fork is gone, and now this bike needed a new one. I put a new pair of apes on and changed the rear rack. I used a spaceliner rack, and another spaceliner rack for the supports on the front. The fork is from a 27 inch Sterling road bike, with a 24 inch quick release rim...The third pic shows a Hawthorne, both frames are the same size. I think I'm "finally" done with this bike.:rolleyes:

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...777/006-16.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...777/004-17.jpg

Thank you for showing me what the graphics on my Flyer's chainguard should look like! The tank from it's Murray sister is truly inspired!

KOTA 01-24-11 03:53 PM

Rollfast, I'll save you the trouble of going back to page 27. This is what the bike looked like when I got it.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...A777/006-8.jpg

Rollfast 01-24-11 06:22 PM

Now you must get me a date with the rusty brunette behind it :)

Clif 01-25-11 06:00 PM

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/1...7433971810.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1888877_n.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2...3688512763.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Some "different" bikes me and my friends have made.

Clif 01-25-11 06:03 PM

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7...1062529186.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1...8688512763.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greenbikes 01-31-11 12:48 PM

Check out this video of a 3 person bike-car
http://ecomobility.tv/2010/12/15/bik...media-machine/

TIII 02-16-11 09:35 AM

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...eerseller2.jpg
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/...thandskill.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...MSBike2009.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...RRRRRRR003.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...o/S1052479.jpg
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r.../XXXXXX010.jpg

And to show you...some of us Freaks are Road Weenies in disguise
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...o/100_0899.jpg

I'm usually ALL OVER the FreakbikeNaiton.com pages. WPB chapter.

Pukeskywalker 02-22-11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie (Post 12097992)
i finally fixed some of the problems that had stopped me from riding my bike. it even rides straight http://lh5.ggpht.com/_u26Z1RDZ_Po/TS...ture%20111.jpg

What a beast of a bike... was the idea to build something that could handle Surly Pugsley-sized wheels?

thebiz 02-27-11 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David325 (Post 10169510)


2 dollars... I want my 2 dollars. :thumb:

crazzywolfie 02-27-11 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pukeskywalker (Post 12263586)
What a beast of a bike... was the idea to build something that could handle Surly Pugsley-sized wheels?

no. those tire are only 26x2.34. Pugsley tires would not fit this frame. i had to true the rear wheel just to get the 26x2.35 to fit without rubbing. i just wanted a cool mountain bike that is unique and cool and worked good. so far it has not broke so when summer comes around i plan on sand blasting and painting it. still need to customize the front derailer so that it can shift into the 24t gear and then i think it will be unstoppable.

kingfish254 02-27-11 06:51 PM

Here is a great old 50s bike video that has some cool "alt" utility bikes in it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HgLqts3qJs&NR=1

fishymamba 03-01-11 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIII (Post 12233751)
And to show you...some of us Freaks are Road Weenies in disguise
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/r...o/100_0899.jpg

What wheels are those??? They look awesome!

TIII 03-01-11 10:24 PM

gotta be kidding me.
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=
These are the Ferrari of there day. NOT made to last, NOT made to jump, NOT made to be cheap... Made to go fast. I got mine as a "no one will beat our prices" deal.
I'm really hoping your trolling.
eBay them. You will see that EVEN a LITTLE F*ck*D up, they will still bring cash on the auction market. Riders want to get that LAST good race out of them before they grenade.

GaryFick|e 03-01-11 10:55 PM

This thread rox!

fishymamba 03-01-11 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIII (Post 12300647)
gotta be kidding me.
http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...&aqi=&aql=&oq=
These are the Ferrari of there day. NOT made to last, NOT made to jump, NOT made to be cheap... Made to go fast. I got mine as a "no one will beat our prices" deal.
I'm really hoping your trolling.
eBay them. You will see that EVEN a LITTLE F*ck*D up, they will still bring cash on the auction market. Riders want to get that LAST good race out of them before they grenade.

Uhhhh.. sounds like they are not for me. I already ruined my shimano rear wheel in only 5 months. And I had never heard of those before. They just look really awesome!

TIII 03-01-11 11:13 PM

IT happens I guess. Thanks for not thinking I was a d*ck.

They were called Spinergy Rev-x. Then Rev-X Lite, and Rev-X Rox, and so on. They were great wheels with an awesome warranty. They break you get new ones! As the carbon slowly gave out, the wheels broke and the company started going broke.

gavtatu 04-10-11 12:24 PM

my stretch BMX....i think its a beach cruiser, unless anyone else can decide what it is, lol !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gavtatu...7625883189764/

TIII 04-10-11 12:57 PM

kill- ER! Unique, looks comfortable, looks ReALLy cool, serious Freakbike!

Very nicely done. AND it looks like you RIDE it! <---Rare!

TIII


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.