Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kansas City Urban Cyclist Project

    For several months I've been kicking around an idea of photographing the urban cyclists of Kansas City, MO. I finally got around to doing something with the idea and held the first of many photo shoots to chronicle area cyclists. It's not limited to a specific type of bike, all I ask is that it has 2 wheels and is powered by you.
    I had an excellent turnout, with a wide variety of bikes, everything from bmx to all carbon road bikes. I was hoping for a tall bike to show but he could not make it.
    If you interested come take a look at my flickr page.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/profess...7602224779688/

    ©hrisGo!
    Ride it like you stole it!

  2. #2
    *****es love tarck kemmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sandy, UT
    My Bikes
    so many
    Posts
    3,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool, nice work!

  3. #3
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great set of photos and I couldn't even begin to tell you what I enjoyed most--but it certainly would start with mentioning that it's nice to see everyone enjoying their bikes!

    I do like the group photos, though--especially the tight one of the women riders.

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    43
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was very nice. Worthy of more recognition.

  5. #5
    Pedaled too far. Artkansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    La Petite Roche
    Posts
    12,019
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGo! View Post
    For several months I've been kicking around an idea of photographing the urban cyclists of Kansas City, MO. I finally got around to doing something with the idea and held the first of many photo shoots to chronicle area cyclists. It's not limited to a specific type of bike, all I ask is that it has 2 wheels and is powered by you.
    I had an excellent turnout, with a wide variety of bikes, everything from bmx to all carbon road bikes. I was hoping for a tall bike to show but he could not make it.
    If you interested come take a look at my flickr page.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/profess...7602224779688/

    ©hrisGo!
    You ought to photograph Fast Eddie. His bikes are powered by gravity, but that requires his body mass for power, so he qualifies.

  6. #6
    On the big ring deanp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lenexa, Ks
    My Bikes
    Trek 1100, Litespeed Catalyst
    Posts
    838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work, I like the B&W format.

  7. #7
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    You ought to photograph Fast Eddie. His bikes are powered by gravity, but that requires his body mass for power, so he qualifies.
    Right on, he is on my list of people to photograph the next time I get studio time.
    Ride it like you stole it!

  8. #8
    beam and bikes
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Blacksburg VA
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw it from the link at Urban Velo. Very classy shoot. It was a nice to see some diversity among the bikes and their riders.

    Craig

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    My Bikes
    Airborne Zepplin
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zeke is ugly.

  10. #10
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanpoo View Post
    Zeke is ugly.
    No one is ugly with a bike .

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  11. #11
    Trans-Urban Velocommando ax0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lenexa, KS
    My Bikes
    06 Trek 1200 - 98 DB Outlook - 99 DB Sorrento
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've quite a few of those people tooling around recently. Now I have names to go with bikes/faces. Good work!
    ax0n: Geeky and bikey
    My latest tip: Carrying your laptop
    My latest geeky project: Ethernet-testing cuff links

  12. #12
    Senior Member DynamicD74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    ' 96 Trek 830 Mountain Track,'74 Schwinn Suburban, '74-ish Fuji Dynamic 10, '73 Schwinn Varsity,'73 Schwinn Breeze, '94 Schwinn Sidewinder. First Schwinn was a '74 Schwinn 24 inch Varsity in Lime Green, and previously owned a '74 Schwinn Breeze
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! Love those pics and the black and white format! However, since I'm a little homesick for KC, I would love to see them riding around some of the familiar sites around KC!
    Stealth Bike Pilot

  13. #13
    Trans-Urban Velocommando ax0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lenexa, KS
    My Bikes
    06 Trek 1200 - 98 DB Outlook - 99 DB Sorrento
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I showed those pictures to JR this morning, he actually built up that tandem bike that was shown and has worked on a few other bikes you see. He said most of the people in the photos ride Mass. Dynamic, check out some of ChrisGo's other photosets. There are a ton of pictures of bicycles tooling around KC. I liked the one with the messengers for The Brick. They're right down the street from my office, I should go down there, or hell, have a messenger bring me some freaking food. That'd be awesome.
    ax0n: Geeky and bikey
    My latest tip: Carrying your laptop
    My latest geeky project: Ethernet-testing cuff links

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    My Bikes
    Airborne Zepplin
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicD74 View Post
    Great job! Love those pics and the black and white format! However, since I'm a little homesick for KC, I would love to see them riding around some of the familiar sites around KC!
    not bikes, but some cool photos of KC right here...


    http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php/topic,12340.0.html

  15. #15
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ax0n View Post
    I've quite a few of those people tooling around recently. Now I have names to go with bikes/faces. Good work!
    I guess we should cancel the big midtown bank heist we had planned. Now everyone knows who we are and which bikes we are on.

    Loved the arial shots of KC, beautiful views.
    Last edited by ChrisGo!; 10-08-07 at 10:34 AM. Reason: i'm stupid.
    Ride it like you stole it!

  16. #16
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanpoo View Post
    not bikes, but some cool photos of KC right here...


    http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php/topic,12340.0.html

    Those were great photos! I'm still wondering about the green bridge thingy, myself.

    Did you manage to get anyone to chip in their $20 yet?

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  17. #17
    i like mud discosaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Mighty City by the Mighty Mississippi
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.2 FX WSD, beaters
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw it from the link at the Urban Velo blog. I love it.

    It's an ongoing project, no? Will there be more photos?

  18. #18
    Senior Member DynamicD74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    The 'Burbs
    My Bikes
    ' 96 Trek 830 Mountain Track,'74 Schwinn Suburban, '74-ish Fuji Dynamic 10, '73 Schwinn Varsity,'73 Schwinn Breeze, '94 Schwinn Sidewinder. First Schwinn was a '74 Schwinn 24 inch Varsity in Lime Green, and previously owned a '74 Schwinn Breeze
    Posts
    387
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanpoo View Post
    not bikes, but some cool photos of KC right here...


    http://forum.kcrag.com/index.php/topic,12340.0.html
    Thank you so much! Those photos were fabulous! I could see the building where my baby shower was, St. Luke's Hospital where I used to work, the vicinity of the Phoenix (love that jazz club!), the bridge I used to take to get to work, and just all the gorgeous skyline pics! BTW: I used to live in Overland Park, too, at Glenwood and 73rd St. Glenwood actually dead-ends into my old house. It used to be white with green shutters. I think the shutters are a blue color the last time I saw them.

    Thanks again! Great site!
    Stealth Bike Pilot

  19. #19
    gravity speed freek
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    the flatlands of kansas city
    My Bikes
    too many
    Posts
    232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey chirsgo, are you comin out to blue valley park on the 21st?
    fast eddie outty

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Overland Park, KS
    My Bikes
    Airborne Zepplin
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicD74 View Post
    Thank you so much! Those photos were fabulous! I could see the building where my baby shower was, St. Luke's Hospital where I used to work, the vicinity of the Phoenix (love that jazz club!), the bridge I used to take to get to work, and just all the gorgeous skyline pics! BTW: I used to live in Overland Park, too, at Glenwood and 73rd St. Glenwood actually dead-ends into my old house. It used to be white with green shutters. I think the shutters are a blue color the last time I saw them.

    Thanks again! Great site!
    wow, you were damn near a neighbor. I'm just a few blocks away from your old house.
    yes, those pics of kc, very cool. I do a lot of urban riding though the heart of the city. Its cool to see it from that other perspective.
    unfortunately, the phoenix has closed their doors.

  21. #21
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by discosaurus View Post
    I saw it from the link at the Urban Velo blog. I love it.

    It's an ongoing project, no? Will there be more photos?
    Yes, I have a date set up in a month for a second shoot. Who knows the may be others to follow. Dates and times will be posted for those interested in participating or just viewing.
    ChrisGo!
    Ride it like you stole it!

  22. #22
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    hey chirsgo, are you comin out to blue valley park on the 21st?
    fast eddie outty
    why yes i am. i don't know about my gravity racer but i will be there.
    ct
    Ride it like you stole it!

  23. #23
    Trans-Urban Velocommando ax0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Lenexa, KS
    My Bikes
    06 Trek 1200 - 98 DB Outlook - 99 DB Sorrento
    Posts
    2,402
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW ChrisGo, I'm a lame whiteboy JoCo guy that bike commutes to downtown (okay, not as lame as the ones who drive their H2s) so I'm not all that familiar with urban KC. I just wanted to let you know that your photoset on the Brick (which I'd never heard of before) led me to ride down there and grab one of the best damn burgers I've eaten
    ax0n: Geeky and bikey
    My latest tip: Carrying your laptop
    My latest geeky project: Ethernet-testing cuff links

  24. #24
    Senior Member Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    My Bikes
    2006 Soma Smoothie, Some Schwinn Mountain bike that on loan to my dad, 2000 Raleigh R700 competion frame that i need to get rid of
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DynamicD74 View Post
    Thank you so much! Those photos were fabulous! I could see the building where my baby shower was, St. Luke's Hospital where I used to work, the vicinity of the Phoenix (love that jazz club!), the bridge I used to take to get to work, and just all the gorgeous skyline pics! BTW: I used to live in Overland Park, too, at Glenwood and 73rd St. Glenwood actually dead-ends into my old house. It used to be white with green shutters. I think the shutters are a blue color the last time I saw them.

    Thanks again! Great site!
    I grew up at 71st and Barkley. Went to Queen. Guess its John Paul II now.

  25. #25
    Junior Member ChrisGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Bravia, GT Aggressor
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ax0n View Post
    BTW ChrisGo, I'm a lame whiteboy JoCo guy that bike commutes to downtown (okay, not as lame as the ones who drive their H2s) so I'm not all that familiar with urban KC. I just wanted to let you know that your photoset on the Brick (which I'd never heard of before) led me to ride down there and grab one of the best damn burgers I've eaten
    You do know that you can't be lame and ride a bike. JOCO is the only lame part of that equation.
    The Brick is tasty, you should also try the Westport Flea Market for even better burgers.
    If your ever wanting to do more than just commuting, there are tons of bike related activities happening around town, Alleycat races, Critical Mass, rides...

    Bikeliker.com is a good place to check out what's happening on bikes in KC. We are always looking for more bike riders to come join in the fun.
    Ride it like you stole it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •