Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Alt Bike Culture Chopped, dropped, stretched, lifted, and otherwise cut up and put back together. The art and science of choppers, cruisers, lowriders and the vast world of mutant bicycles.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-09, 10:48 AM   #1
KOTA
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
KOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes: Townie, Kickbike
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Snot rocket

Built this bike for a "build off" on another site.....Sometimes when you build a bike, you look at it and say "It's okay"............This bike makes me SMILE, I just like it! Frame is a 62ish Flightliner, bars from a Sears Spyder 500. Seat is from a 36 Monarch. Fork is from a Panasonic road bike (bent slightly). Truss rods are 5/16 steel bar stock, welded to a 1/4 inch thick steel washer (top) and acorn nuts welded to the bottom ends. Rims are 26 in rear and 24 in front. Crank arms are 6 inches long, still have over 2 inches of ground clearance ...Here are the progression pics.
















Last edited by KOTA; 03-08-09 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling
KOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 08:34 AM   #2
ban guzzi
circus bear
 
ban guzzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Austin
Bikes: 97(?) GT Richochet, 00 Schwinn SuperSport
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
woa! I like!
ban guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 09:26 AM   #3
skijor 
on by
 
skijor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Bikes: Waterford RS-33, Salsa Vaya, Bacchetta Giro 20 ATT
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
It's a beautiful thing! How close do the pedals come to hitting the ground?
skijor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-09, 09:33 AM   #4
KOTA
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
KOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes: Townie, Kickbike
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Pedals spin freely, when completely down. Probably about 2 1/2 inches of clearance. No problem riding.
KOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 06:26 PM   #5
anemptygun
Junior Member
 
anemptygun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: time of legends
Bikes: nishiki rally
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hahaha thats rad.
anemptygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-09, 03:24 AM   #6
snuggiemania
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Bikes:
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good

Seems like a fair review

snuggie is serving the kids and they are happy


http://snuggie.me

snuggiemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-09, 09:48 PM   #7
e-Man
n00b
 
e-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AZ
Bikes: 2004 GT Avalanche 3.0 with various upgrades, and a 1980's Murray Monterey Beach Cruiser I customized.
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very cool. My favorite part has to be that front fork, good job!
e-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 12:15 PM   #8
geekrunner
Retro Grouch in Waiting
 
geekrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Bikes: 71 American Eagle semi-Pro, 72 Gitane Tour de France, 78 Fuji S10-S, 84 Club Fuji, '02 Gary Fisher Sugar 1,
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is a nice bike! Great idea and I applaud your good imagination. I think my C&V brethren could even appreciate it.

geek
geekrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 03:53 AM   #9
Rollfast
What happened?
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Around here somewhere
Bikes:
Posts: 3,476
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTA View Post
Built this bike for a "build off" on another site.....Sometimes when you build a bike, you look at it and say "It's okay"............This bike makes me SMILE, I just like it! Frame is a 62ish Flightliner, bars from a Sears Spyder 500. Seat is from a 36 Monarch. Fork is from a Panasonic road bike (bent slightly). Truss rods are 5/16 steel bar stock, welded to a 1/4 inch thick steel washer (top) and acorn nuts welded to the bottom ends. Rims are 26 in rear and 24 in front. Crank arms are 6 inches long, still have over 2 inches of ground clearance ...Here are the progression pics.
You need a matching tank with an white star like a WW II fighter.
Rollfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 05:37 AM   #10
KOTA
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
KOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes: Townie, Kickbike
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollfast View Post
You need a matching tank with an white star like a WW II fighter.
I'm LOOKING!
KOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 07:40 AM   #11
jdmitch
Non-Spandex Commuter
 
jdmitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Olathe, KS
Bikes: Trek Soho S
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, wow... okay... realize I mean no offense by this (because I really like the bike)... it reminds be a bit of "scraper bikes" (because of the low slung frame, etc) except it total kicks every scraper bikes ***.... cool, low-key, but definitely unique / classic looking...

Actually, now that I think about it more maybe it looks more like an understated old-school hot rod more than scraper bikes
jdmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-09, 03:04 PM   #12
KOTA
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
KOTA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes: Townie, Kickbike
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmitch View Post
Oh, wow... okay... realize I mean no offense by this (because I really like the bike)... it reminds be a bit of "scraper bikes" (because of the low slung frame, etc) except it total kicks every scraper bikes ***.... cool, low-key, but definitely unique / classic looking...

Actually, now that I think about it more maybe it looks more like an understated old-school hot rod more than scraper bikes
No offense taken!............I was TRYING for a combo of a low rider (pedal scraper), Hot Rod, Rat Rod and Muscle bike all rolled into ONE........Thanks, everyone, for your positive feedback.
KOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.