Foo - Cooleo! Just Got An Ipod
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
Help Im A Noob
06-04-06, 11:25 AM
i got 100 bucks for grad. yesterday so i went out and bought a black ipod nano with grad money and other money i had left over:rolleyes:
06-04-06, 11:54 AM
cool...so how is it? i heard they are kick arsh
Make sure you get a screen protector for it. Here's what happened to my ipod WITH a screen protector on it. It was one of those cheap $5 ones, there's actually 3 layers on it, its pretty thin so you can't tell. The best part is I can tear off layers as needed. It took about 3 months of use for it to get as scratched up as it is but the protectors were something like 5 bucks for a 3-pack, I got em off the street. Look at the unprotected center button if you want to see what the rest of the ipod will look like w/o the protector.
I recommend a boxwave protector, they're a lot more expensive than the one I use on my ipod, about $10 EACH. I have one on my Treo 650 phone which regularly gets a LOT more abuse on the touchscreen and I can only count about 3 fine scratches on it after 6 months of use, everything else is in 100% perfect condition.
Personally I love the form factor of the ipod but hate it cause it has a lot of usability issues that some more advanced users might want that were on my old creative player but not the ipod.
1) The round scroll wheel is pretty inaccurate.
2) I can't adjust the screen brightness.
3) I can't easily adjust the volume when it's in my pocket since I have to have the keylock on, if I don't, then the volume keeps changing as the unit moves around in my pocket.
4) Volume goes nuts and spikes to full volume and back constantly when it's within 6 inches of my GSM phone when the keylock is off. Almost blew out my ear drums quite a few times.
5) Constant low volume hissing with my shure e3's.
6) Doesn't automatically add songs to the playlist when you play them and there's no preview of songs when you're browsing through them.
7) Doesn't show song properties such as bit rate, etc.
8) Natively doesn't support copying songs back and forth or storing songs as an external drive (like the iriver's).
9) No 1 key solution to get back to the now playing screen.
10) Can't password protect folders for videos for my porno.
sheesh. what have you done to that thing?
my Nano looks nothing like that; sure, some smudges and fingerprints, but nothing like that. and it goes almost everywhere with me.
Use it in my pocket, throw it in my bag, etc. I never use a case with any of my stuff, as long as it's usable. I just peeled off the 2nd layer of tear off so it's brand new again. :)
I got one of the video ones back around christmas time... no protector....its thrashed.
06-04-06, 06:35 PM
I guess the issue with E3s rules out ipod as a replacement for my zen when it goes toes up.
Heh I wouldn't let the hissing get to you, it's not as bad as it seems, cept my ears are just really really sensitive. It's not as bad with e2's and it's almost nonexistent with etymotic er4s's (not the P's).
get a case, the iskin case for the nano is arguably the best that you can get.
i went with a video but i know alot of nano owners and it is a great little thing
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.