Singlespeed & Fixed Gear - Burlington VT
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
05-19-07, 10:43 AM
I am going on a 2 week camping trip in the Burlington, VT area...does anyone on here live around there or know the area and cool stuff to do bike and non bike related? Probably not the best place for this, but oh well.
05-19-07, 10:52 AM
Here are some suggestions, based on an itinery we had when we went on our annual trip to Old Lantern Campground, Charlotte, VT (just south of Burlington)
(1) visit to The Magic Hat Brewery (tour plus free samples! yum! )
(2) visit to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (B & J originated in VT)
(3) another visit to The Magic Hat Brewery etc.
(4) visit to Vermont Teddy Bear Company (for the wives & GFs; we used to sneak off for another Magic Hat tour)
(5) another visit to The Magic Hat Brewery etc.
(6) ferry across Lake Champlain to Essex (NY) for exploration trip
(7) another visit to The Magic Hat Brewery etc.
05-19-07, 01:13 PM
Where are you going camping?
05-19-07, 02:12 PM
Don't forget the Burton snowboards home office, and if you skate they have a sick bowl behind the building.
05-19-07, 03:50 PM
Old Spokes Home is a great shop in Burlington. The Burlington bike path goes out to Colchester Causeway if you want to ride your bike a couple miles out into lake Champlain.
If you've got any questions about the area, drop me a note.
05-19-07, 04:06 PM
That looks amazing! I don't exactly know where we're going camping yet...we're just up and going. I'm excited though!
05-19-07, 04:11 PM
If your coming from Philthy, be prepared for kuture shock.
Bring some extra stuff cuz you probably will end up not wanting
to leave :)
There are a couple outdoor shops right in town too, SkiRack
and one right across the street(?). Right up from Echo which
might be cool to walk around, too !
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.