Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with Cannondale Kit # KF365?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 01:54 PM
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts

I am seriously looking at purchasing a Cannondale SuperSix frame set. It seems that the SuperSix only comes in BB30 flavor. I was wondering if anyone has a SuperSix with KF365 installed or had the shop install it for them. Also if they had it and used KF366 to remove the kit how was the entire process. I have tried to do a search but all I can come up with is Universal Cycles has the kit on backorder, not really any reviews.

I am asking because I have too many cranks that I can use for a new bike build and want to know if this is really a good way to get into a SuperSix with a standard sized bottom bracket.

So basically, does it work? Is it worth the effort/expense? Is it really reversible?
Old 02-26-08, 01:57 PM
1 Serving Per Container

Bikes: 2007 Look 595 Ultra (Campagnolo Record)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Due to the bottom bracket being carbon, the kit is supposed to be a permanent install. Cannondale says that if you try to remove the adapter you will damage the bottom bracket.

I guess the question is, has anyone successfully removed the adapter without damage ?

Last edited by awiner; 02-26-08 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-26-08, 02:06 PM
Dumb@s$ Jarhead

Bikes: Calfee Dragon Fly Pro 1984 Pinarello Montello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had it put on my Synapse a couple of years ago.. had the shop do it.. $40 i think. After that I never noticed it or thought about it.. never tried to take it off... so I guess I am no help....