Mountain Biking - Fork Install - 2 Questions
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
05-30-08, 08:38 PM
1) Should you grease the steerer tube or leave it dry?
2) Is teflon grease adequate for the headset bearings or should you really get proper bearing grease?
05-31-08, 06:37 AM
1) Greasing it is definitely a good idea, but not 100% necessary - however, do it, it'll run more smoothly.
2) I'm not too sure, but I think it should be fine.
05-31-08, 09:03 AM
1) a light application of grease around the bearing contact areas is sufficient.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.