Southern California - Route Guide to Tom's Farms
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
08-04-08, 04:30 PM
Is there a good route to Tom's Farms from the Santa Ana River Trail?
08-04-08, 10:58 PM
I can provide OCRR routes to Tom's Farms, of varying degrees of severity, from Rio Java right off the trail in Yorba Linda, near La Palma and Weir Canyon. They're intended to be somewhat strenuous, although not grotesque, and presumably (I'm not that saavy with the area) not the most direct route.
08-05-08, 02:30 PM
The bike trail ends at Green River Rd and Green River Golf Club
continue on Green River Rd
L, Paseo Grande
Bear Right - Stay on Chase
L, Via Mazatlan
L, Foothill / El Cerrito
R, Temescal Canyon Rd
08-06-08, 09:54 AM
Then there's the TF fruit-'n'-veggie stand on Euclid.
Here's the route that I like -- YMMV.
1. Stay on the bike path heading east of Imperial highway. At this point the path parallels La Palma Ave.
2. Stay on the path to Gypsum Canyon Rd. Turn right (south) on Gypsum Canyon Rd and stay on the bike path which makes a "cloverleaf turn" under Gypsum Canyon.
3. Stay on the bike path which parallels the north side of the 91 Freeway. The path will take you across Green Rive Golf Course and the path ends at Green River Road.
4. Take Green River Road up and across the 91 Freeway and follow it to Palisades Dr.
5. Turn left on to Palisades Dr (which parallels the 91 Freeway).
6. Turn left at the end of Palisades Dr. on to Serfas Club Dr.
7. Just before you cross the 91 Freeway, turn right on to Frontage Rd.
8. Frontage Rd. will turn into W. 6th St. (still parallel to the 91 Freeway).
9. Take W. 6th St. to S. Lincoln Ave.
10. Turn right on to S. Lincoln Ave.
11. Turn left on to W. Ontario Ave.
12. Stay on W. Ontario Ave. Shortly after you cross the 15 Freeway Ontario turns into Temescal Canyon Rd.
13. Temescal Canyon Rd. will take you right to Tom's Farm.
Hope this helps.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.