Commuting - Crank Bros Pedals: Candy vs. Acid
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
Can anybody provide some advice on which set of pedals should grace my Jamis Aurora? 80% of the miles I put on the bike are suburban commuting. The other 20% are long-ish day trips with ~20km between stops.
Everything I've read about the Candy's says that I will like them and get all sorts of good use from them. I like the bigger platform of the Acid, however.
Does anybody out there commute (or has commuted?) with Acids?
09-21-09, 05:24 PM
I currently commute with Candy's and I've been very happy with them. The Acid's bigger platform is an advantage if you plan on using non cycling footwear occasionaly.
09-21-09, 06:38 PM
I run both. A set of Candys on main commute cross bike and a set of Acids on my mountain bike winter commuter/shopper. I also have another set of Candys on my other mountain bike. The only real difference, as the basic guts are the same, is the platform of the Acids, so if for what ever reason you need to nip out in normal shoes the Acids are more comfortable.
When it comes to riding there is no real difference that I can tell, apart from weight, the Acids being heaver, I also prefer the look of the Candys particularly on my cross bike, I think they look way cooler. Both have excellent gunk clearance and my cleats fit both.
Whichever you choose, both are great and you can also get rebuild kits if you wear the peddles out, very easy to do. I love Crank Bros.:)
I've got Candys on my Sputnik for commuting, and SLs on my Eclipse for long rides. I use Keen Commuter Sandals and can't tell the difference, outside of the Candys feeling slightly clumsier to clip into.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.