Recreational & Family - Falcon Inter 3 Speed Hub (Taiwan made)
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
10-26-04, 07:37 PM
I am new to this forum:)
I would like to find out if anyone knows how to tune or adjust the Falcon Inter 3 Speed gear hub? It is unlike Sturmy-Archer which uses a short length of chain to pull the gears. The Falcon instead use a rod which is pushed by a lever (via the grip shift cable).
Hope someone out there has the same hub and can help me.
10-27-04, 12:40 AM
The "Bike Mechanics" section might get more responses. Some bike repair books have chapters on "fast and easy ways" to maintain a 3 speed hub. Then, they show diagrams that make the inside of a 3 speed hub look more complicated than the lunar lander.
10-27-04, 01:21 AM
Thanks! This is a great forum, I get response from you guys quickly:) Have posted in the Bike Mechanic section.
10-27-04, 08:28 PM
Here's how the Falcon Inter 3 Speed should be adjusted:
1) Unscrew the plastic cover.
2) Put grip shifter to 2 position
3) On the pushrod, you should be able to see a line cut around the pushrod, thatís the 2nd gear position.
4) Turn the plastic knurled knob until you see this line is aligned with the pushrod entering the hub.
5) Shifter move to 1 position and you should see the push rod being pushed all the way into the hub.
6) Shifter in 3 position and you should see the pushrod being extended OUTWARDS all the way.
7) Screw back the plastic cover
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.