Classic & Vintage - Anybody Want These 2 3spd For 20.00??
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
07-03-11, 09:25 AM
I'm searching the local CL daily for the hidden, mysterious, needle in a haystack italian 10sp and then this stuff shows up. Good grief.
Anybody want them....hey, 20.00 is cheap enough flip 'em.
07-03-11, 09:30 AM
Are you offering to ship 'em free? ;)
07-03-11, 11:36 AM
Are you offering to ship 'em free? ;)Noooo, not mine.....or I'd be shipped over to a different forum :D
I'm just airing my frustration of seeing a deal on 3sp bikes and not being able to see a stinking thing for a vintage lightweight racer.
07-03-11, 11:53 AM
what are you looking for ideally?
07-03-11, 02:47 PM
A cheap garage/sale find that fits, italian or maybe french....but I'd love to have something italian.
In many years of going to A LOT of garage sales, I have never seen a single Italian road bike at one. At least around here, 95% of the bikes people ride are Xmart. That only leaves 5% decent stuff. Of that decent stuff, 90% are either MTBs or hybrids. So I am down to about 0.5% of the bikes I see (and I don't see bikes every week). Of that, if it is something decent, it is most likely a popular brand: Trek, Cannondale, Giant, etc. Not that many Italian bikes out there here to begin with. And then finding one my size? The chances are quite remote indeed.
Best bet is find decent bikes of any heritage (LBS quality), rehab them, and use that cash to fund the bike of your dreams.
Of my keeper fleet, not a single bike was a garage sale find. But the garage sale finds have paid for the fleet.
I go to garage sales pretty much every week, occasionally I will find a good bike, but mainly its to feed my wife's resale business. This year I have found a Giant, a variety of Japanese brands, two Cannondales, and two Motobecanes. Out of all of the finds, only one was my size. And I ride a common size. I've also gotten a variety of good bike parts, from a set of Shimano 600 wheels, to a set of brifters, to quite a few saddles, and so on.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.