Bicycle Mechanics - components for Sekine based project
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
I have Sekine 58.5 cm frame. Number on the frame is X4 10189, made in Japan. It is in a good condition and I’d like to build mid-level road bike on it. I built a couple of mid-level mountain bikes, but never dealt with road ones. Could you please advise me on components for such project?
02-22-12, 06:43 AM
What do you want to use the bike for? What does mid-level mean? How much riding do you plan to do? How much riding have you done? How old are you? Where do you live, on what sort of terrain? How are the roads there?
Sorry for delay. I hope you still in a mood to help me ;-)
So, answering your questions:
1) I want to use this bike to commute to work daily. It is 16 km one way. And, of course, for fan rides
2) mid level mean I want to build a bike within $1000 budget
3) 160 - 300 km per week
4) about the same, but 2 years ago. I didn't ride much last year
5) I'm 44
6) East Manitoba. Roads are flat and straight.
7) Surface mostly in a good condition.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.