General Cycling Discussion - I have a very simple wish...
Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or what are the best bicycle tires and seats for the activities you use your bike for.
05-24-02, 10:09 AM
I have a very simple wish, if my fairy god mother will grant it, to be able to enjoy my bike riding and not have to work for a living, whoa that would be the day or possible win the Lotto 649 or the super 7
05-24-02, 10:20 AM
Hmmm , That would call for an upgrade in equipment .
It's worth laying down five bucks to dream of all the things you could go out and buy .
05-24-02, 10:36 AM
BAck when the Super 7 was 34 million -- and yes, I paid out my voluntary tax for a ticket -- I had this plan...
1. Put about half the money into secure moderate growth investments.
2. Put a chunk of the money into a fund that would pay me a steady income of $75,000/annum and do the same for my family members.
3. Buy the guys in my club each a no-compromises bike. [Actually, only one would get the ultimate no-compromises bike, the others would have to content themselves with Litespeed Classics or De Rosa Meraks, or whatever, with Chorus or Ultegra].
4. Buy my GF me no-compromises road bikes and no-compromises 'cross bikes.
5. Buy a simple non-SUV automobile [a Subaru Outback] with a bike rack and learn how to drive it.
6. Hire a lawyer to get me out of my teaching contract.
7. Take the car on a road trip this summer to visit all of my BF friends and ride the roads of North America with our very cool bikes [sorry, Poullula and Nathank, Europe will have to wait].
8. Buy a small villa in Rimini or San Remo and a pied-a-terre in Brussels or Ghent and relocate to Europe for much of the year. I would ride like a demon through Italy in the summer, winter in a rented place in Spain in the winter [with trips north for cyclocross] and follow the spring classics from home base in Belgium in the spring. I would come back to North America frequently, so I'd have to keep a bike here, I guess.
9. Write books... teach part-time at the local university... ride my bike. You'd all be invited to visit.
10. Partially fund a Canadian division 1 pro squad when Gord Fraser's, Michael Barry's, Charles Dionne's, Eric Wohlberg's [etc.] contracts expired with their current teams.
Alas, it never happened.
05-24-02, 11:30 AM
Move number six to nunber one . Hire a Lawyer .
What a pain in the butt it would be . I'd still like to try it just once .
Winning the Lotto that is .
I've often thought about this. I find that $2 a week
(what I spend on tickets) is well worth it for the
entertainment I get.
WHEN I WIN (gotta be positive)
I will go to LBS, purchase 4 bike fittings for wife, sister-in-law,
nephew, and myself and then treat them to any bike they
Go on a Dive trip (Yap, Truk, Wakatobi, Pulua) with the wife.
pay off mortgage
pay off bills
Go back to work
enjoy life even more than I do now
(I couldn't stand it if it gets much better!)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.12 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.