1. To raise fund for Pok Oi Hospital to develop social and community services
2. To promote cycling in Hong Kong
3. To advocate green living style
4. To prevent illness by encouraging exercises
5. To establish a society in stability and harmony
6. To raise public awareness over road safety and cycling security
Introduction of Organizer:
Approaching 90th Anniversary, Pok Oi Hospital is revamping services for people in various needs. The Hospital currently operates 50 service units spreading all over Hong Kong, including hospital, nursing home, care & attention home, day care centre for the elderly, secondary and primary school, kindergarten/ day nursery, Chinese Medicine Polyclinic *** Training & Research Centre, Chinese medicine mobile clinic, family multiple intelligences centre, community cyber centre and hostel for single persons etc.
Date : 15 March 2009 (Sun)
Time of Assembly : From 6am (Assembly and departure according to different time-slots)
Registration Venue : Amphitheatre, Tai Po Waterfront Park
Pick-up Point of Bicycle : Kite Flying Area, Tai Po Waterfront Park
Kick-off Point : Tolo Harbour Park, Tolo Harbour Cycle Track
Road Blocking : Tai Po to Shatin Cycling Track
Blocking Time : From 6am to 12am
Targeted number of Participants : 2,800 (Including Individual and Corporate & Elite Teams)
Sponsors and Supporting Organizations:
Title Sponsor : HSBC
Co-Organizers : Hong Kong Cycling Association, Shatin Sports Association
Honorary Advisor : Mr. Hung Chung Yam, former Representative of Hong Kong Cycling Team
Event Ambassador : Mr. Wong Kam Po, Representative of Hong Kong Cycling Team
Planner : bma Entertainment Holdings Limited
Media Partner : Road-show
Supporting Media : TVB
Designated Costume Sponsor : Champion-System
Designated Drinks Sponsor : Bonaqua
Supporting Organization : Hong Kong Sports Institution, Shatin Home Affairs Department, Shatin District Council、Hong Kong Cyclist Information Net、Chung Yung Cycle Company
Mail to “Corporate Communications and Fund-raising Department, Board of Directors, Pok Oi Hospital, UG/F., POH Jockey Club Care & Attention Home Building, Au Tau, Yuen Long, N.T.”, attention with “HSBC Pok Oi Cycle for Millions”
Fax to “Corporate Communications and Fund-raising Department” at 2479 5025, attention with “HSBC Pok Oi Cycle for Millions”
3. On-line Application (www.cycleformillions.com)
Successful applicants will be invited to join a participant briefing session and Road Safety Seminar after receiving an email confirmation.
Participant Categories and Minimum Fundraising Amounts:
Categories Minimum Fundraising Amounts Excellent Fundraising Award Top Fundraising Award Souvenirs(For each participant)
Individual $300 $2000 Champion,
2nd runner-up 1. HSBC Pok Oi Cycle for Millions Cycling Jersey
2. Participant Certificate
Corporate & Excellent Team
(No more than 10 participants) $10,000 $20,000 Champion,
Remarks： 1. Holder of the Top Fundraising Award and Excellent Fundraising Award will be presented a Certificate of Gratitude at the Closing Ceremony of the event.
2. All participants must provide their sizes of jersey at the time of application for the reference of production. However, the Organizer does not promise the jersey must be according to the request of participants.
1. All the participants must age 12 or above before 15 March 2009.
2. Applicants aged below 18 must present a signed Parent Agreement Form at the time of application. The form can be downloaded from the Event Official Website.
3. Applicants aged below 12 may join the event by presenting document recognizing past participation of the “Hong Kong Future Cyclists Race” organized by the Hong Kong Cycling Association.
4. Applicants aged above 60 must present medical documents at the time of application that prove the states of health suitable for participating in the event.
5. All participants must maintain basic skills of cycling.
Please enclose a crossed cheque payable to “Pok Oi Hospital”
2. Direct Transfer
1. HSBC 004-543-158976-001
2. Hang Seng Bank 024-221-166333-001
3. DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Ltd. 016-883-041544317
4. Shanghai Commercial Bank 025-35282-02550-2
5. The Bank of East Asia, Ltd 015-142-40-05200-1
3. On-line Payment
1. Bicycles provided by the Organizer are standard 2-wheel-single-seated (wheels sized from 20-24 inches and /18-21speed shifter system). All bicycles are allocated by the Organizer. Replacement is not accepted except special circumstances.
2. Participants can bring their own bicycles. However, they have to obey the ordinances and instructions stipulated by related government departments for choosing suitable bicycles. Participants have to follow the arrangements, instructions and official checking by the Organizer in order to participate in this event.
3. Due to safety concern, the Organizer would not provide and allow using other type of bicycles such as tricycles, bicycles with training wheels, 2-seated bicycles and family bicycles.
4. If tropical cyclone warning signal No.3 or above or black rainstorm warning is hoisted, the Organizer will cancel the event.
5. To enhance participants’ awareness towards the event and road safety, participants briefing and road safety seminar will be held before the event. Participants are suggested to wear helmet and other protective equipments.
6. The Organizer will arrange experienced bicycle riders or professional bicycle coaches nominated by Hong Kong Cycling Association along the route with participants until the completion of the event.
7. The Organizer has applied “Public Liability Insurance” & “Group Personal Insurance”. Participants may further apply other personal incident and property all risk insurance based on their own needs.
8. The Organizer reserves the right to limit and refuse any application.
9. The Organizer reserves the right to contact participants for information regarding the event and application.
10. Once the application is accepted, the minimum fundraising amount and other donations will not be refunded. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify or reject any participant from the event for providing incorrect personal information, failing to commit minimum fundraising amount or going through inaccurate application procedure.
11. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in this event. The Organizer reserves the right to disallow / disqualify any participant who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in this event. The Organizer shall not be obliged to refund any entry fee for such disallowance / disqualification.
12. All participants must ensure that they are medically and physically fit to participate in this event. All participants must agree to obey and accept the requirements and related terms and conditions of participants.
13. All personal details will be used for the event registration only and kept as confidential.
14. The Organizer reserves the right for making final decision of the event. Any changes or information update for the event should be according to the announcement at the event official website.